Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New bow updates!!

Senior Member Forked Horn Rocket21's Avatar

Default New bow updates!!

Today I was at TAZ Archery in Woodstock, IL. My brother and my son went up to shoot the new Hunter. First off, let me say that I have been shooting a Judge at 62.7 pounds, 29 inch draw, 450g arrows. Chronoed my bow at TAZ ended up with 275 fps. The Hunter was at 72 pounds, and a 28 inch draw. The draw cycle of the bow is amazing. It starts out feeling like a 70 pound bow, but then very quickly, somehow, begins to feel like the weight self adjusted to around 60 pounds at the end of draw. Its weird....kinda feels like it loses poundage at the end? The bow is super quiet and has no vibration after the shot. Well, I have been shooting 60 pound bows for a while so we were wondering how this bow would feel at 60. A few minutes later....the Elite rep walks in with a huge bag full of bows!! We ended up testing the Hunter at 60# 29, the Pure and the Pulse!!

Pulse: THis bow is the new "judge" if you will, so i was excited to see how it would stack up against my bow. I shot it side by side for a while and I dont know how they did it but this bow is a winner! In my opinion, the draw cycle has been improved by taking out the small "hump" at the end of the Judge draw cycle making it more like the Hunter. The bow was lighter, a few feet per second faster (out of the box mind you) and with no stabilizer or dampening equipment felt the same as my bow with stabilizer and string leeches.

Pure: This bow really is pure excitement. It drew unbelieveably smooth making the 60 pound limbs feel like 50- no exaggeration! I laughed as I pulled it back saying no way this is 60!, but it truly was. Very smooth and vibration free on the shot just like the other bows. This bow is on my list of must have along with the Hunter.

Hunter continued: Ran the Hunter thru the chrono to see how it matched up against the judge at the same draw, poundage and arrow combo. The Hunter came in at 260 fps right out of the reps bag, so fancy tuning done. THis combo would give us 67 ft lbs of KE which is PLENTY for deer. The best thing is that the bow is effortless to draw and the letoff is insane!! Feels like 90% or so......to the point its almost scary as you let it down wondering when it will finally go.

Well, get into your local proshop asap to shoot these bows, but make sure you have some money in your pocket......They really are that great! Special thanks to Tim Zimmerman at TAZ archery for letting us shoot the new bows and use the indoor 3D range!!
    Last edited by Rocket21; 10-12-2010 at 12:57 AM. Reason: spelling

'13 Elite Hunter
    CX Aramid 250's
    QAD HD
    Spothogg RD
    Rocket Stricknine's
    Rocket Steelhead 125 Extreme's

TAZ Archery, Woodstock IL

Respected Member Ten Point LakeinX2's Avatar

Very good info!!! Thanks for your report!!
    Elite Archery Pro Staff
    Stage 1 Pro Staff
    VaporTrail Limbdriver Prostaff
    Get Kids Involved!!!

Respected Member Ten Point Stag vhunter's Avatar

Thanks for the report. Good info. Now I need to go shoot one.
    -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag archer58inPA's Avatar

Thanks for the info. Very helpful.
    BTW, I'm Jealous!!! LOL!!!
    2014 E32
    2011 PULSE AP
    TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
    Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Senior Member Eight Point Todd Imiola's Avatar

Sounds like it's all good!
    Todd Imiola (Elite Archery Prostaff)

Respected Member Ten Point Stag TexasCanesFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket21 View Post
    Pulse: THis bow is the new "judge" if you will, so i was excited to see how it would stack up against my bow. I shot it side by side for a while and I dont know how they did it but this bow is a winner! In my opinion, the draw cycle has been improved by taking out the small "hump" at the end of the Judge draw cycle making it more like the Hunter. The bow was lighter, a few feet per second faster (out of the box mind you) and with no stabilizer or dampening equipment felt the same as my bow with stabilizer and string leeches.
    Faster than your Judge you say!!! Improved draw cycle......SOLD!!!!!

That is exactly what I want.

Where is my Texas rep when I need him????
    "Just another fine day of grown men acting like 13 year olds over their bows" - Anonymous

Respected Member Ten Point Stag shootstraight's Avatar

So just to clarify, are you saying the Hunter at 29/60 shot a 450 grain arrow 260 : 0
    2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
    Frequent Frankenbower

Senior Member Eight Point Yichi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
    Faster than your Judge you say!!! Improved draw cycle......SOLD!!!!!

That is exactly what I want.

Where is my Texas rep when I need him????
    I don;t know about your Texas rep, but I am anxious for my Missouri rep to get here. I am having similar thoughts about the Pulse as well.
    Insert signature here...

Respected Member Ten Point Stag TexasCanesFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yichi View Post
    I don;t know about your Texas rep, but I am anxious for my Missouri rep to get here. I am having similar thoughts about the Pulse as well.
    How can you not?????

I would like to hear someone actually compare the draw cycle of the Pulse to anything Elite has made in the past.

Does it draw like a Z28, a GT500?? Give us a comparison.
    "Just another fine day of grown men acting like 13 year olds over their bows" - Anonymous

Respected Member Ten Point Stag archer58inPA's Avatar

Dang it!
    Just when I thought I was set on a Hunter, you tell me the Pulse is better than the Judge.
    What's a guy to do??
    2014 E32
    2011 PULSE AP
    TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
    Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.