Thread: I've been to the mountain of wisdom and..........

Senior Member Eight Point BAArcher's Avatar

Default I've been to the mountain of wisdom and..........

I don't know if anyone read my thread on along ATA vs short ATA bows and their accuarcy over on AT.

I read so many good points on longer ATA bows and I actually went out and bought a 04 Hoyt Protec with 37" ATA and 8 1/8" brace to see if it would help my long distance shooting.

To make a long story short, I shot this bow beside my Elite Aigil (Hunting set up) and shot out to 60 yards. I did notice the difference in peep angle but that was about it. My Aigil actually held and shot better! The performance of my Aigil allowed me to shoot a lower poundage and was so much more enjoyable to shoot.

This has caused me some grief.........I was once sold on the XL but now, with the release of the GTO, I can't see clearly which Elite will fit my needs. For me, the longer ATA issue has been addressed and found to be not a significant factor!
    XLR 60lb
    XLR 70lb
    Mathews Apex (sale pending)
    Hoyt Protec
    Suffer from BO-CD!

Banned Stag

I read it and contributed my 2cent. I dont know as Im precise enough to truely take advantage of the inherent accuracy of any bow made. If I make a good shot it hits where Im aiming if I make a bad shot...well it doesnt. Ive thrown some crazy tight groups out to 100 yrds and sometimes not. I know there is a thread witha "PRO" saying fast short parrallel limb bows cant be accurate, quiet, or easy on a archer. I say hogwash. It is and always has been the nut behind the string.

I think a key factor is the Elite riser design....fits like a glove!
    XLR 60lb
    XLR 70lb
    Hoyt Protec
    Suffer from BO-CD!

Banned Stag

Quote Originally Posted by BAArcher View Post
    I think a key factor is the Elite riser design....fits like a glove!
    I know the Elite handle is as good as I have seen/felt!

Respected Member Ten Point Stag TEXAS 10PT's Avatar

I sure hope that's not the case for me. I am excited to be getting the XL due mostly to the fact that I once had a Mathews LX that I believe was 1/8" short of being 36" AtA but with a BH of under 7" which shot extremely well. My hopes are that with an 8" BH I will shoot it even better (and it is an Elite). I also want to get a GTO with 60lb limbs so I'm stuck as well. I may end up selling my Synergy AT but heck I don't know. Having four bows would be alot for me

TEXAS
    2011 PURE MAX 1
    2012 ANSWER SNOW
    2013 PULSE MAX 1
    2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
    Elite Archery Pro Staff

Proud Member of the Texas Boys
    BH and HTC Nashville

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Takeum's Avatar

I don't know if anyone read my thread on along ATA vs short ATA bows and their accuarcy over on AT.

I read so many good points on longer ATA bows and I actually went out and bought a 04 Hoyt Protec with 37" ATA and 8 1/8" brace to see if it would help my long distance shooting.

To make a long story short, I shot this bow beside my Elite Aigil (Hunting set up) and shot out to 60 yards. I did notice the difference in peep angle but that was about it. My Aigil actually held and shot better! The performance of my Aigil allowed me to shoot a lower poundage and was so much more enjoyable to shoot.

This has caused me some grief.........I was once sold on the XL but now, with the release of the GTO, I can't see clearly which Elite will fit my needs. For me, the longer ATA issue has been addressed and found to be not a significant factor!
    I tend to agree Bruce,, I actually shot a Bowtech olg Glory for about a year and really liked the bow,, but,, In the end like you,,, It's about speed, fit and balance,, Thats wear elite came into the factor,, Best fitting, Best performing bow and best balanced bow I had ever shot,,, I actually beeb comparing the Lx Mathews I bought for the goodies and have found it doesn't EVEN come close to shooting as well as my Envy does,,, Heck ,,Eric Griggs a few months ago did a writeup or two on AT as well about why and how he does so well with the X Force compared to all those guys out there sporting those Long axle to axle bows,, Its not just about the shooter,, But also has alot to do with the bow,,

Solution: Buy the XL AND the GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Lorna View Post
    Solution: Buy the XL AND the GTO
    Lorna, you are bad! I see you in a different way now!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    XLR 60lb
    XLR 70lb
    Hoyt Protec
    Suffer from BO-CD!