Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wrap / Fletching Color w/ Black Arrows

Default Wrap / Fletching Color w/ Black Arrows

Just purchased an 2011 Blacked out Pure, and trying to figure out what color to put at the end of these arrows.

Arrows are black.

Any suggestions? I like the stealth look but need to see the thing when I am hunting.

Thanks.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag rembrandt's Avatar

Welcome to EAF......now when you say blacked out PURE or you refering to a Ninja PURE? Also, I'm not that familiar with the stealth look.....how about all black except for white vanes or feathers?
    Life is too short to live without a Quigley 45-70
    www.broughtonart.webs.com
    Sebastion Flute w/ Kaya limbs
    Bear Kodiak Hunter
    Athens Afflixtion

Respected Member Ten Point Stag eltaco's Avatar

I'll try to get some pictures of some arrows that I just fletched for my dad.

Black arrows
    White wraps
    White and carbon colored vanes

Turned out pretty good for a "stealth look" but still able to find it. May be tough in snow conditions, though

Senior Member Four Point dicksenn's Avatar

Why don't you do all black vanes and then put a lighted nock on the end. That would be pretty stealthy but you could still find your arrow.

Please do post them when you get a chance.

As for the lighted nocks, I have yet to try them. Sounds like a cool idea tho.

I just hope the nock does not malfunction because I won't be able to find that puppy.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag OutbackMan's Avatar

I was looking at my options too for arrow fletchings, as I'll probably end up w/black arrows. I was considering doing white wrap w/white blazers...maybe a tiger stripe white/black cock vane...or doing hot pink wraps w/hot pink blazers...maybe a tiger stripe pink/black cock vane...Although the regular blazers say they are hot pink and the tiger stripe say just pink, so not sure if they shades between them and the others would match. Was also considering lighted nock, but then not sure what color orientation...so many options. Good luck.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag eltaco's Avatar

Make sure to check the regs in your area for lighted nocks... they are illegal in some states.

I'll snap a few pics when I get home from work... if I remember! That's a long time from now!

Respected Member Ten Point Stag eagle-357's Avatar

I use Pink Nockturnals on my Maxima 350s for hunting. I also have two pink and one lime green fletch.

Manly no, but at least I can find the bloody things when I miss.

After spending hours looking for my friends arrows, I decided to forgo the manly camo arrows and go with the offensive ugly combination,
    2012 Answer in hand!!!
    2011 Elite AP Hunter
    2010 Elite AP Judge & Elite AP Snow Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by eagle-357 View Post
    I use Pink Nockturnals on my Maxima 350s for hunting. I also have two pink and one lime green fletch.

Manly no, but at least I can find the bloody things when I miss.

After spending hours looking for my friends arrows, I decided to forgo the manly camo arrows and go with the offensive ugly combination,
    i know what ya mean on the camo arrow thing. Spent hours looking for a buddies camo arrow to see if it was a good hit. It was drizzling, so blood trail was non-existant. Never found arrow or deer. 1 time out to look for arrow, 3 times wandering around for the deer. Boy did I let him have it! Camo fletching on camo shaft! We thought it was cool till he shot the :censored2: thing!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OutbackMan View Post
    I was looking at my options too for arrow fletchings, as I'll probably end up w/black arrows. I was considering doing white wrap w/white blazers...maybe a tiger stripe white/black cock vane...or doing hot pink wraps w/hot pink blazers...maybe a tiger stripe pink/black cock vane...Although the regular blazers say they are hot pink and the tiger stripe say just pink, so not sure if they shades between them and the others would match. Was also considering lighted nock, but then not sure what color orientation...so many options. Good luck.
    My wife's arrows are VERY easy to find!

I may do something similar to my 3d arrows this spring
    GT500