Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GTO or ENVY???

Senior Member Forked Horn winzo's Avatar

Default GTO or ENVY???

I was just wondering if you had a choice between these two bows, which would you choose, despite the fact there is not much between them.....?????
    AT GTO
    73#, 28"
    280 fps, 472gn CX Rebel Hunter Arrows
    Thunderhead 100's
    Envy # 0027
    73#, 28"
    285fps, 470gn CX Piledriver Arrows
    Thunderhead 100's

Senior Member Eight Point Archery-Addiction's Avatar

I would go GTO, they are very close in speed, and the after shots are very close, but the GTO pulls a bit smoother and I think it looks a bit better. You really can't go wrong with either of them, I would say shoot them both and see which you like the best.
    I shoot what feels the best, who will make it this year??

I like the let off on the GTO and the way it performs for me. but I wouldnt pass up a Envy either. Id like to have both.
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

KARBON

Like all the above posters, I liked the draw better on the GTO.

BUT, the guy who let me shoot his Envy only gave me one shot.
    He wouldn't trade it for anything! Stange thing is, the guy is a Mathews Nut, won't even pick anything else up but some how an Evny ended up in his had and now in collection.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Takeum's Avatar

I actually liked my 60lb Envy's darw better.. But the cams are way smoother on the draw... I just liked 65% letoff better.... If I could have both bows.. I would.... But the Envy would be 50lbs instead next time.. And I'd shoot the GTO at 60lbs for hunting...

Junior Member Fawn

I do have both and they both are within one fps speed, both quiet and both smooth, the only reason I shoot the GTO more is I have a much better 2 peice quiver that fits the triangles, Custom made modules to hold the quiver as tight to the bow as possible( like a mathews). GTO is a 60lb. ninja, My Envy is an Alfred Tearle...Black Riser camo limbs. also 60 lbs.
    Both bows will SMOKE a 70 lb drenalin!!

Senior Member Six Point $mitty05's Avatar

id go with the gto. i own both bows and the envy is a little faster but the gto shoots soo much better. i think the gto is much quieter and the let off is alot better. gto has alot less hand shock and holds really well. im not all that impressed with the envy. its a nice bow and all but id give it up for a gto anyday. to me its not near as good as alot of people on here say it is. its "ok" for me. i like my hca iron mace better. i might sell my envy after i shoot the new speed force. depends how it shoots. if it shoots anywhere near like my mace does then my envy will be out the door.

Junior Member Fawn

My Envy makes "0" noise and handshock is nonexistant, I spend more time tuning and shooting bows than many. I would say I agree with "most " people here that the Envy is truly a great bow, it simply costed Elite too much to make it. Its is every bit as shootable as the GTO when propery timed and set up.

I have never shot or even drawn an Envy, but I own a GTO and it is a great bow and I really like the way it draws and shoots.
    The Original Bear Whitetail
    2011 Elite Pure
    2012 Elite Tour
    2012 Elite Pulse

Team S.O.B. Spot On Bowstrings

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandad did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Junior Member Fawn

Default ?

Envy-Gto, I have been shooting them both quite a bit the last few months. Maby a little smoother draw on the GTO, but it seems like the envy has a little less kick. I have a GTO but, if I owned them both I really don't know if I could choose between the two.

Both awsome bows! Go out shoot them both if you have the oportunity.
    Good luck on this decision its not going to be an easy one.