Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bow Torque Chart-Updated 2-20-2011

Respected Member Ten Point superdiablo's Avatar

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Dugga Boy View Post
    I like that chart, Joe.

Surely our "high-motivated" custom officers are already slowing down the delivery process by their ridiculous amont of paper work. ...sigh...

DB
    I feel your pain !
    FACTORY STAFF SHOOTER FOR: ELITE , FIRENOCK, GAS PRO
    LOVING SUPPORTER OF: CBE, BEITER, VAPOR TRAIL, O.K., ZENITH, PROPOINTS, PINWHEEL software.
    ))))------E35-------------53#--27 3/8"-----enjoy shooting too much to measure speed ------------------>
    ))))------PURE----------54#--28"--355gr--269 fps--------------------------------------------------------------->

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by L-train View Post
    Hey Dugga!, surely you Jest, the government is inefficient there too???
    I am not any proud to say this, but we win as the most inefficient government hands down, any numbers can prove this, even those provided by themselves ...
    LOVING SUPPORTER OF: CBE, BEITER, VAPOR TRAIL, O.K., ZENITH, PROPOINTS, PINWHEEL software.
    ))))------E35-------------53#--27 3/8"-----enjoy shooting too much to measure speed ------------------>
    ))))------PURE----------54#--28"--355gr--269 fps--------------------------------------------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by superdiablo View Post
    I sayed "projection" of the vanes at full draw. I mean, if you use a bent rod that allows at full draw to put the cables almost touching the shaft (as the Tilt Tamer does), then the vanes will hit the cables at rest. Thus, we tune for the needed clearance for our type of vanes at rest and must accept the torque it produces at full draw. With the Tilt Tamer, you get clearance for vanes only were you neeed it, at rest, the moment when the lesser side force (torque) is exerted; at full draw, more side pressure from charged limbs-cables is applied and then the Tilt Tamer allows the cables to almost touch the shaft, lessening to the minimum phisically possible the induced torque.
    If someone really wants a torque free system, it is already invented and I shot it many years myself: shoot through cams from Martin, Bowman, O.K, Alternative eXact or Kudlacek Genesis. (I believe the patent owner is Jim Despart). Believe me, a torque free bow is a veeeery good thing, though I wouldn´t go into the debate of the world records settled with cable guarded bows
    Hope it helps,
    Javier Martínez
    Got it, I was just unclear what you meant by "projection," but that clarifies.

I would love to see a shoot thru option added to bows (like OK Archery offers with the R8)...but until then the TT seems like a great option.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Jaben620's Avatar

It really is funny how ''cable guarded bows'' win all these Vegas events and not the archer behind the bow...

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Jaben620 View Post
    It really is funny how ''cable guarded bows'' win all these Vegas events and not the archer behind the bow...
    I believe Jim Despart has win Vegas with a shoot through and now shoots for Hoyt.
    Tim Gilligham is a top gun as well and endorses the Tilt Tamer.
    I have had my personal best scores with a shoot through, and now I love the cable guarded Elites more; not scoring that high now, but have placed very well at nationals and not so before ...
    I mean, the system works and I would recommend any picky archer like me to give it a try, pondering how much confidence/accuracy they believe can come from the gadget; and have fun and improve their knowledge in the meanwhile!

Lightbulb

I am not completely sure that Dave Barnsdale won Vegas a couple times with his bow/riser and Bowman/Wedel shoot through cams ...
    Any bow system is a machine repeating himself, the indian behind just shoots more or less repetitively depending on his skills AND confidence (that can become from his trust on the bow system IMHO, hence the reason why many archers feel their scores are better with this or that gadget).

Senior Member Four Point Dugga Boy's Avatar

I remember a Hoyt Pro staff shooter from Europe who switched from a straight cable guard rod to the old off-set steel rod. (This bow wasn't available with that rod by the factory.)
    Due to the lesser torque his scores and consistency improved by a good portion.

However, one day on a larger tournament he was told by a Hoyt representative to take this steel rod off and to put the straight rod back on. Otherwise he would loose his pro staff status.

Manufacturers simply don't like aftermarket stuff even if it's an improvement.

Maybe it's because of their ego or "scratched pride".

DB
    No need for a guru.
    Sick of smoothness!

XXL 32"@83#
    GT500 31.5"@86#

Banned Stag

The guys winning are machines. Im not a machine, I make mistakes, the TT seems more forgiving to me, and has shown an improvement in BH flight to me.
    I think people don't want to acknowledge something different, and fear change or perceived inadequacy when thats not the case, even an out of tune bow will do the same thing every shot, what the TT provides is just a more balanced machine that still requires a competent pilot.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag HORSEMOVER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L-train View Post
    The guys winning are machines. Im not a machine, I make mistakes, the TT seems more forgiving to me, and has shown an improvement in BH flight to me.
    I think people don't want to acknowledge something different, and fear change or perceived inadequacy when thats not the case, even an out of tune bow will do the same thing every shot, what the TT provides is just a more balanced machine that still requires a competent pilot.
    It is very hard for me to believe that YOU make mistakes

Great post
    RIP CENSY...IT WAS A HECK OF A RIDE BROTHER

I am the Brumby Whisperer

优秀射箭胜过炒猪肉大米

Respected Member Ten Point Stag IRISH66's Avatar

I believe that the TT works and if you believe in something you will shoot better! Right?