Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: multipurpose arrow rest question any help will be great

Senior Member Forked Horn

Default multipurpose arrow rest question any help will be great

Just ordered my new pure and it is going to be used for 3D,and target. my question is,is there a purfect arrow rest that will serve both purposes inside and outside. thinking about a G5 pro.

Senior Member Six Point bonemonger's Avatar

i have a bododle pro 500 i am going to put on my pure.

Senior Member Eight Point Todd Imiola's Avatar

I think the G5 Expert II would fit that situation just fine.
    Todd Imiola (Elite Archery Prostaff)

Senior Member Forked Horn

Thanks Todd i thought it would so i got two, on for the pure and one for the gt500

Junior Member Fawn

Take a look at the Limbdriver. Very simple rest, saw the string pull out of the mount last weekend during a shoot and the guy had it fixed and shooting just like it had before in about 2 minutes.
    Supermag Slings Owner - GulfCoast Archery Staff Shooter

Thats the same duty my Pure is seeing ... mostly 3D and dabble in field and FITA ... I am using a Trophy taker Spring Steel with a .010 narrow blade ...

Be sure to build your loop to have a bit of down pressure on the rest (dloop tie in 2-3 nock points below and one above or use a catloop or tourqueless loop as they connect to the string at one point below the arrows nock)

Senior Member Four Point bukhuntr's Avatar

another vote for the limb driver
    dead center pro staff/ predatorview peep pro staff

Respected Member Ten Point bfoot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chappy gt500 View Post
    Just ordered my new pure and it is going to be used for 3D,and target. my question is,is there a purfect arrow rest that will serve both purposes inside and outside. thinking about a G5 pro.

I will get catcalls, but the rest I like best is the Mach 4 inertia rest by Black Gold. No cables or cords, sets up in minutes and the only rest I ever got to shoot FOBs consistantly. It works off of the "shock" of the shot (inertia) and I have never had one fail to drop and only a few shots drop prematurely and this was because I jerked the string hard into the stop. Before I switched to right hand, I had (have) three of them. If ever I had any problem with a rest or suspected a problem I would throw on on to check it out. They are out of production but occasionally you find one used. I have been looking for several months myself for a right handed one.

The Expert is a good choice but better is the Expert II converted to limb driven. You can attach it to the bottom or top limb. All you have to do is call G5 and ask for a left handed spring (assuming you are right handed) they will give you one free (they sent me two). Take out the current spring put in the new one and move the attachment screw to the top hole for top limb or the hole under the rubber rest the arrow sits on for bottom. Took me about five minutes the first time I did it and I have done four or five. The rest stays in the up position and you set it up exactly like a limb driver. You can get a good used Expert II for no more than $50. This would be my second choice for your needs.

bob

Senior Member Six Point

what about Alpine Whisperflight?

i put a QAD hd on mine and all my other bows!!