Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: I find it hard to get caught up in all the evo hype

Senior Member Eight Point ontarget7's Avatar

Default I find it hard to get caught up in all the evo hype

I am not saying its a bad bow but have had a chance to set up a couple and shoot a few. The draw is smooth but fairly stiff say compared to the Pulse at very similar speeds.
    At 29" it has very little valley I would say about like my Carbon Matrix + at 29" with the #2 cams. After the shot it does have very little shock or vibration bare bow even and hold well on target. Strings are much better than in the past I might add as well. The balance is a little off on just the bare bow. The couple that I have tuned have had some vertical nock travel issues when paper tuning. I am not bashing the bow by no means and feel it is the best PSE has come out with lately but just don't understand all the hype. I would say its a good bow but nothing that blew me away.

Senior Member Forked Horn Hoosierflogger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ontarget7 View Post
    I am not saying its a bad bow but have had a chance to set up a couple and shoot a few. The draw is smooth but fairly stiff say compared to the Pulse at very similar speeds.
    At 29" it has very little valley I would say about like my Carbon Matrix + at 29" with the #2 cams. After the shot it does have very little shock or vibration bare bow even and hold well on target. Strings are much better than in the past I might add as well. The balance is a little off on just the bare bow. The couple that I have tuned have had some vertical nock travel issues when paper tuning. I am not bashing the bow by no means and feel it is the best PSE has come out with lately but just don't understand all the hype. I would say its a good bow but nothing that blew me away.
    I agree.
    Nice bow, but it didn't blow me away either.
    I don't think it holds a candle to the Pulse.
    Help Save the Indiana Archery Season http://www.protectindianaoutdoorsports.com
    LONESOME ELK ARCHERY
    Team Tiger Blood

Respected Member Ten Point Stag vhunter's Avatar

Only 1 bow fro 2011 really blew me away. See sig.
    -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Senior Member Eight Point devin1's Avatar

I think the Evo is great. It doesnt have the Elite valley or wall, but other than that it is very smooth and very quiet. It holds on target better than the Hunter, imo, and is just as dead if not more so. Cant argue with the speed either. 305fps loaded string,29/65 410 grain arrow. Have not shot the Pulse enough to compare the two.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag rembrandt's Avatar

I was impressed with the speed of the Evo at 65lbs. It was super fast....a little harsh on the draw but it was quiet enough and it is a flat shooter. The draw was the thing that was a nagative for me and I'm glad I ended up with the PULSE for my son. It came down to those two bows and I finally came away with the PULSE and my son loves it so somethings work out for the best.
    Life is too short to live without a Quigley 45-70
    www.broughtonart.webs.com
    Sebastion Flute w/ Kaya limbs
    Bear Kodiak Hunter
    Athens Afflixtion

Quote Originally Posted by rembrandt View Post
    I was impressed with the speed of the Evo at 65lbs. It was super fast....a little harsh on the draw but it was quiet enough and it is a flat shooter. The draw was the thing that was a nagative for me and I'm glad I ended up with the PULSE for my son. It came down to those two bows and I finally came away with the PULSE and my son loves it so somethings work out for the best.
    You should of seen my chrono read the axe 6 at 30.5 measured draw length. LOL! Draw cycle didnt bother me as much as the sling shot feeling of such a little ATA bow in my hands.
    I hear the EVO is a better feeling draw cycle. I havent shot one yet though.
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Banned Stag

Mods on base cams for hybrids are bad news IMO. Rotating mods even worse, some of the draw lengths, usually shorter, will suffer in the nock travel dept.
    there is a reason Hoyt uses 3 base cams and string sizes, or IMO on there best cams, draw specif cams and strings.

I shot league last week and the chap next to me had an EVO. His opinion on the EVO, "it's too easy to torque." Even with all the rubber on that bow, it still was a bit on the noisy side.
    www.predatorsarchery.com
    2014 Elite Energy 35 29.5" 60# - Tomater
    2014 Elite Energy 35 29.5" 60# - The Manimal

Respected Member Ten Point Stag rembrandt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maybee-R View Post
    You should of seen my chrono read the axe 6 at 30.5 measured draw length. LOL! Draw cycle didnt bother me as much as the sling shot feeling of such a little ATA bow in my hands.
    I hear the EVO is a better feeling draw cycle. I havent shot one yet though.
    If I might ask, what was the speed of the Axe 6? What DW was it also? I just can't enjoy a bow that is harsh to pull back. If I can't shoot it 40 to 100 times at a session then I'm uncomfortable with the bow. An EVO at 60lbs might have impressed me but the 65lb bow was a stretch for me....
    Life is too short to live without a Quigley 45-70
    www.broughtonart.webs.com
    Sebastion Flute w/ Kaya limbs
    Bear Kodiak Hunter
    Athens Afflixtion

Respected Member Ten Point Randy D's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L-train View Post
    Mods on base cams for hybrids are bad news IMO. Rotating mods even worse, some of the draw lengths, usually shorter, will suffer in the nock travel dept.
    there is a reason Hoyt uses 3 base cams and string sizes, or IMO on there best cams, draw specif cams and strings.
    I agree Lonnie.
    08 GTO Ninja
    08.5 XLR Snow Camo A/T (currently)
    Hoyt Gamemaster
    Mathews Rival Pro
    New Breed Horizon
    New Breed Eclipse

"Don't out smart your common sense"