Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: problems with HHA on gt500.. anyone else?

Member Spike

Default problems with HHA on gt500.. anyone else?

ahhh, ok got the LD mounted and some what figured out on my 2008.5 gt500, NOW I mounted my new hha ds-5519 today, and with the pin (scope housing) mounted as low as possible on the slider, my rear dial adjustment is over half way up to get it on at 20yrds!!! meaning i might be able to get the sight to go to 45-50 yrds maybe!! ahhh that will drive me nuts, ya i mostly shoot 50yrds and unders but i like to be able to go to 60-70 even 80yrds for something to play with. I dont know what to do i am starting to get discouraged. I called hha and they are sending me a plate to mount to the riser and it will move the sight down a 1/4" at most, he said (if it works on elite's) ha. but i doubt thats going to cut it, help me out here guys, am i missing something or what?

no offense to elite but this bow is getting frustrating... i like it a lot and think it will shoot well, but i have never had so many problems setting a bow up in 20 years of shooting, why are all the sepcs so far off, as far as location of rest and sight mounting areas, compared to other brands of bows.. idk elites are all new to me and i am learning bare with me, thanks thanks in advance for all the help...

Respected Member Ten Point Stag vhunter's Avatar

Can you take some picks. I just bought a ds-5519 but havn't mounted it on my GT500. It's for a different bow, but maybe if I get some time this weekend I'll play around with it.
    -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

I'm betting your peep to nocking point distance is very small. You must anchor right under your ear and look down into your peep a little. Anchor on your cheek bone, which is much lower, move your peep up, and stand tall without leaning over to look through your peep, and you won't have this problem. I have an HHA on one of mine, it is not even in the bottom mounting holes, and I can easily shoot from 15 to 80 yards. You, nor anyone, should be having this problem. Now your string angle is sharper than mine, but still.....
    2011 Ninja Elite Pure
    2008 Camo Elite XXL
    2008 Blue Elite XXL
    Victory Arrows & Limbdriver Rest

Respected Member Ten Point Ray Ray's Avatar

I have an 09 GT & hunt with one. I can get 20 - 80 yards with it.
    Life should be measured by how many selfless acts of kindness someone does to positively influence somebody else's life.

Gt500,Bodoodle,Bstinger,
    Easton fatboys, 28" DL, 53lbs

Respected Member Ten Point Deer3083's Avatar

I'm getting out to 80 yards with my hha on my gt500. Haven't tried to go any further with it yet.
    09 GT500 28.5/64.5

Respected Member Ten Point Stag rembrandt's Avatar

This is not unusual for the HHA slider or the wheel to be like that at first. There is some adjustment to be made to get the 20yd mark down to the bottom where it belongs. I have HHAs on both my Elite bows (PURE and Energy) and both have the 20yd mark at the bottom of the tape. How that happened, I don't have a clue cause I bought both used with the tape already on the sliders but you can adjust and get it down where you want it.......at the moment, I've forgotten how but it will come to me. Don't get discouraged tho!
    Life is too short to live without a Quigley 45-70
    www.broughtonart.webs.com
    Sebastion Flute w/ Kaya limbs
    Bear Kodiak Hunter
    Athens Afflixtion

Member Spike

Quote Originally Posted by TANC View Post
    I'm betting your peep to nocking point distance is very small. You must anchor right under your ear and look down into your peep a little. Anchor on your cheek bone, which is much lower, move your peep up, and stand tall without leaning over to look through your peep, and you won't have this problem. I have an HHA on one of mine, it is not even in the bottom mounting holes, and I can easily shoot from 15 to 80 yards. You, nor anyone, should be having this problem. Now your string angle is sharper than mine, but still.....
    Ha, sorry but your way off, I have a really long face, out of at least 10 of my shooting parters, no one can shoot my bows and i cant shoots theirs properly due to my long face.. so i should have a large distance not a small one.

heres the specs, center of nocking point to kisser is 1",
    center of nocking point to center of peep is 5 5/8"... haa cant go much higher than that

Oh, my Pure, peep to nock, is 6.25", so it CAN go higher than that for some. And if it were a Pulse, it would be even longer.

Maybe Elite DOES have a problem ?? It certainly wouldn't be their first. A LOT of us seem to find something about their stuff to complain about even as we love them otherwise. I hope they are listening.

I can't help but notice, on my new Pure, that the distance between the berger holes and the bottom sight mounting hole is longer than on the other three bows in my house right now. And the sight holes would have to be where they are since the riser cutouts don't allow them to be drilled anywhere else. I wonder if they are having to drill sight mounting holes on some of these bows too far from the berger holes ? That would create an issue getting many sights low enough to allow for full range of distance. You would think there would be an industry wide spec on that distance from berger holes to the bottom sight hole.

What you might have to do is be sure to tune your bow with the arrow sitting at the top of the berger holes. Anywhere on the holes is good. It doesn't necessarily have to cover them.
    Last edited by TANC; 03-26-2011 at 04:50 PM.
    2011 Ninja Elite Pure
    2008 Camo Elite XXL
    2008 Blue Elite XXL
    Victory Arrows & Limbdriver Rest

Senior Member Forked Horn snake reaper's Avatar

no problems here i have a 10 thousnds hha on my gt and can shoot from 20 to 95 yards. it is the slider not the wheel thou

Member Spike

Quote Originally Posted by TANC View Post
    Oh, my Pure, peep to nock, is 6.25", so it CAN go higher than that for some. And if it were a Pulse, it would be even longer.

Maybe Elite DOES have a problem ?? It certainly wouldn't be their first. A LOT of us seem to find something about their stuff to complain about even as we love them otherwise. I hope they are listening.

I can't help but notice, on my new Pure, that the distance between the berger holes and the bottom sight mounting hole is longer than on the other three bows in my house right now. And the sight holes would have to be where they are since the riser cutouts don't allow them to be drilled anywhere else. I wonder if they are having to drill sight mounting holes on some of these bows too far from the berger holes ? That would create an issue getting many sights low enough to allow for full range of distance. You would think there would be an industry wide spec on that distance from berger holes to the bottom sight hole.

What you might have to do is be sure to tune your bow with the arrow sitting at the top of the berger holes. Anywhere on the holes is good. It doesn't necessarily have to cover them.

Thank you very much, this is what i was trying to say, it seems several people have issues with the shelf to berger hole distance, and it doesnt seem they changed it much over the years, maybe the shape of the shelf did but nothing else, and the large distance from there to sight mounting holes is crazy. I am not saying its problems either elite guys, i am just trying to find out what works with these bows, because i my normal bow tuning set-up's are all failing on this gt500..lol! This is the first elite bow i ever seen in person let alone shot. If i have to raise my center shot elevation up a 1/4" and move the peep a little higher then it is what it is, as long as the bow will preform as it should, and I can get some more range from the hha.. I can't wait to get it set-up and shoot the heck outta it..