Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: noise coming from the top cam when almost at fulldraw

Senior Member Eight Point ohio mossy oak's Avatar

Default noise coming from the top cam when almost at fulldraw

Hey folks...I got a noise that seems to be coming from my top cam once i am almost at full draw with my 2010 z28..Its kinda a click noise..Its hard to describe..Any ideas what it is or what could have caused it?..
    First it's pretty tires, then it's pretty guns and bows....Next thing you know, you're shavin' your beard and wearin' capri pants

Senior Member Four Point

I had it on my Judge. I think it was a loose mod or the draw stop. I thought it was my rest for the longest time.

Thanks for the response...I didnt notice it till i had my peep switched to a smaller one an tied in..They had to remove a stop to press the bow with the EZ press...After the peep was done i checked the tightness on the mod screws an moved back stops farthest from the nocking point for more let off an it still is making the noise..Did i do something wrong?
    Last edited by ohio mossy oak; 04-15-2011 at 04:28 PM.
    First it's pretty tires, then it's pretty guns and bows....Next thing you know, you're shavin' your beard and wearin' capri pants

Respected Member Ten Point Stag eltaco's Avatar

how close to full draw are you when it occurs?

Quote Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
    how close to full draw are you when it occurs?
    Upon further inspection.Sometimes it occurs within the first 6in of the draw cycle.Other times it is in the last few inches of the draw cycle.It has also made multiple noises through out the draw cycle.During one single total draw cycle.I did notice a loose mod screw after the shop had it in the press to swap peep's..I snugged the screw an checked all the others??I do not have a Elite dealer very close..An i dont really have the extra cash to pay for a full inspection an re tune of the bow from a Elite dealer..The local guys dont have a draw board..They use the old hook from the ceiling method to check timing...
    Last edited by ohio mossy oak; 04-15-2011 at 05:01 PM.

My '10 Z made the same noise at the same time in the draw as yours. It was a loose mod. After tightening it up I have not had the noise return.
    '10 NINJA Z28

Semper Fidelis

Quote Originally Posted by scarn150 View Post
    My '10 Z made the same noise at the same time in the draw as yours. It was a loose mod. After tightening it up I have not had the noise return.
    Do i just tighten them??Or is it better to relax the limbs in a press then tighten them?

Respected Member Ten Point Stag

Quote Originally Posted by ohio mossy oak View Post
    Do i just tighten them??Or is it better to relax the limbs in a press then tighten them?
    I'm no bow mechanic but if it was me I'd take the pressure off , remove the mod screw check and make sure the mod and the cam weren't damaged , then put either (red , I believe is the correct one ) thread lock or string wax on the threads and tighten it snugly. Be careful not to strip the threads out of the cam. I'd do this to all of the mod screws on both cams. As I said I'm no bow mechanic but this is what I would do.
    Kevin
    2014 E35 AP Snow 60lb 31''
    2013 Pure AP Snow 60lb 31''
    2010 Judge Anthracite Metallic 60lb 30''
    2011 Tour AP Snow 60lb 31'' Dead Center Archery Products Factory Staff
    Light travels faster than sound .... thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by old man archer View Post
    I'm no bow mechanic but if it was me I'd take the pressure off , remove the mod screw check and make sure the mod and the cam weren't damaged , then put either (red , I believe is the correct one ) thread lock or string wax on the threads and tighten it snugly. Be careful not to strip the threads out of the cam. I'd do this to all of the mod screws on both cams. As I said I'm no bow mechanic but this is what I would do.
    Kevin
    You thinking the shop damaged it in the EZ press?I really wish i had a Good elite dealer closer..I had not noticed a noise prior to yesterday..This sucks i really wanna shoot an work on my grip some more

Senior Member Four Point

I doubt it was damaged. Just tighten all the screws on the mods. You don't need to press it. I didnt.