Thread: E-500 Rev cam string and cable lengths

Member Spike

Default E-500 Rev cam string and cable lengths

Anybody have the lengths on these ? I also need to know serving lengths. Thanks

Respected Member Ten Point Stag hartofthethumb's Avatar

The lengths I gave you last night...

As for servings, the end servings need to be the same as any other rev cam string...
    Cables have ~5" on one end, ~9" on the other.
    String has ~16.5" on each end.

I'm not near my computer right now, so no info in front of me, but if I remember, I have been putting the center serving from about 3" above the actual center of the string to about 2" below if that makes sense.

Also, I'm sure others have done the e500/rev combo with other lengths than what I gave you, so you may get other suggestions as well. Swapping cams, etc, is not an exact science, and other lengths will probably work just fine too. I did find these lengths of Dusty's to be great though.
    Smile!

Member Spike

Ya center serving doesnt matter .... needed the other specs. Thanks so much !

Respected Member Ten Point Stag DustyRx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hartofthethumb View Post
    The lengths I gave you last night...

As for servings, the end servings need to be the same as any other rev cam string...
    Cables have ~5" on one end, ~9" on the other.
    String has ~16.5" on each end.

I'm not near my computer right now, so no info in front of me, but if I remember, I have been putting the center serving from about 3" above the actual center of the string to about 2" below if that makes sense.

Also, I'm sure others have done the e500/rev combo with other lengths than what I gave you, so you may get other suggestions as well. Swapping cams, etc, is not an exact science, and other lengths will probably work just fine too. I did find these lengths of Dusty's to be great though.
    That is one thing about it. There I am pretty sure at least 2 others who have used different lengths. It all depends on what you are going after as far as DW, DL, etc.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag hartofthethumb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DustyRx View Post
    That is one thing about it. There I am pretty sure at least 2 others who have used different lengths. It all depends on what you are going after as far as DW, DL, etc.
    Yep, probably a million different combo's that will work out to be fine bows, just with different specs depending on the lengths.

Truetuner, check your PMs... Gave you the worng lengths last night, typo on my end caught by the guys in TX tonight.
    Smile!

Respected Member Ten Point Stag TEXAS 10PT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hartofthethumb View Post
    Yep, probably a million different combo's that will work out to be fine bows, just with different specs depending on the lengths.

Truetuner, check your PMs... Gave you the worng lengths last night, typo on my end caught by the guys in TX tonight.
    LMAO Ben to the quote in RED hahahahahahahahaha

TEXAS
    2011 PURE MAX 1
    2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
    Elite Archery Pro Staff

Proud Member of the Texas Boys
    BH and HTC Nashville