Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: amateur answer review

Respected Member Ten Point Stag chappy's Avatar

Default amateur answer review

Shot the Answer again and thought I better get a few words on it here. The draw is just like the Hunter IMO, maybe a tad smoother, not as smooth as the Z, but no hump like the Z. It holds rock solid on target with that concrete back wall. Great let off and very comfy.

On the shot it was very quiet. Yes, as those crazy Texans said, it's as quiet as the Hunter. You could definately see that it's got some giddyup. There was no kick at the shot to the left, like the 2011s, and stayed on target. The only thing negative I noticed was a little vibration in the riser. This was with an outfitted bow too. The first things I do is put some string silencers on it and replace the string stop with a softer one.

Elite made the perfect hunting bow in the Answer IMO. So......Ninja(so the wife don't notice)......or Max 1.................
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
    2014 RTX Elite Energy 35, 60lbs, 29", GT Velocity Pros, Limb Driver, Spot Hogg Real Deal ,Bstinger Sport, Slick Tricks and Hammer Heads.

One last note, there was a little lean, but the cable guard was not adjusted in any way as to prohibit it.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
    2014 RTX Elite Energy 35, 60lbs, 29", GT Velocity Pros, Limb Driver, Spot Hogg Real Deal ,Bstinger Sport, Slick Tricks and Hammer Heads.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
    Mine had a touch of vibe at 58#s. When we twisted it up to 62# it killed the vibe completely.

You might try that. It made a huge different.

That was with no stab.
    Without naming the shop, they don't know much about tuning Elites. I just order, pick up, and do my own thing.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Karbon's Avatar

I think I'll have to twist mine up to makeup for the slightly long draw, and pick up a few #'s of weight. I hope my 60# ends up 62#+ and kills any vibe that might be there!

Thanks for the review buddy.

Thanks for the tip TCF
    2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Respected Member Ten Point Stag TEXAS 10PT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karbon View Post
    I think I'll have to twist mine up to makeup for the slightly long draw, and pick up a few #'s of weight. I hope my 60# ends up 62#+ and kills any vibe that might be there!

Thanks for the tip TCF
    Put a Stokerized on it at 62lbs and it is DEAD. But I know you might feel something I got old hands LOL

TEXAS
    2011 PURE MAX 1
    2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
    Elite Archery Pro Staff

Proud Member of the Texas Boys
    BH and HTC Nashville

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Karbon's Avatar

I only run Stokerized! LOL
    2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Respected Member Ten Point Stag eltaco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Karbon View Post

Thanks for the tip TCF
    I keep reading out of the box reviews of this bow running long on DL and DW. Some as high as 65#...

Quote Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
    I keep reading out of the box reviews of this bow running long on DL and DW. Some as high as 65#...
    I am not sure how some of these things are being measured. Most of our draw lengths are 1/8" long, sometimes maybe a 1/16th more. We ship the bows at about 2 pounds over. This seems to keep us in a safe place for the variety of ways people check things.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag BlindBuck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpete View Post
    I am not sure how some of these things are being measured. Most of our draw lengths are 1/8" long, sometimes maybe a 1/16th more. We ship the bows at about 2 pounds over. This seems to keep us in a safe place for the variety of ways people check things.
    Kinda like chronies not everyone is the same. I can weigh my bow with three different scales and get three different numbers. My scale at home weighs my York plate weight which are supposedly 75 at 76lbs. I take those same weights put them on the wife's scale they show 73lbs, if I would take them to my doctors office I bet they would read 90.lol

Draw Lengths could easily be the same I do a fair amount of wood working and have two tapes I like to use but whatever tape I start with on a project I use during the whole thing or results can be catastrophic. Not to mention you can easily compress the draw stops on a drawboard and over draw the bow.

Honestly in a perfect world we would all have load cells that are certified by the bureau of weights and measures, but that just isn't the case.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BlindBuck; 10-13-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag shootstraight's Avatar

Your wifes scale is only two pounds light? Weird cause mine is way off, I haven't gained any weight since we were married 30 yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BlindBuck View Post
    Kinda like chronies not everyone is the same. I can weigh my bow with three different scales and get three different numbers. My scale at home weighs my York plate weight which are supposedly 75 at 76lbs. I take those same weights put them on the wife's scale they show 73lbs, if I would take them to my doctors office I bet they would read 90.lol

Draw Lengths could easily be the same I do a fair amount of wood working and have two tapes I like to use but whatever tape I start with on a project I use during the whole thing or results can be catastrophic. Not to mention you can easily compress the draw stops on a drawboard and over draw the bow.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    2011 Pure Sno AT 29/60
    Frequent Frankenbower