Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What is your actually FPS vs. birth certificate

Junior Member Fawn

Default What is your actually FPS vs. birth certificate

What are you guys getting for real world performance with your Elites. I know some bows have a quoted IBO speed and the bow wont even come close to it cough cough drenalin cough.. I know that the make and model of cronograph plays a part. Just would like to get everyone's experience.

nine22

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Dave Nowlin's Avatar

After carefully tuning my Elite, I was able to exceed it. Chances are you can equal or exceed your birth certificate too. They don't have time to perfectly tune every bow that goes out the door. No manufacturer does. You wouldn't want to pay what it would cost if they did. It is up to your Pro shop or you to achieve the perfect tune. Frankly, often it becomes your job. They're not nearly enough Pro shops that really understand these bows. If your local shop does, thank him from the bottom of your heart for what he does for you.
    Dave Nowlin
    Murphy's Law Works Even Better In The Woods!!!
    In order to be forgiven, we must forgive.
    LimbDriver Pro Staff
    2006 Suzuki King Quad
    If God is your Co-Pilot, move over and let Him drive!!!

Respected Member Ten Point Michael's Avatar

Mine has been exceeded by 4 fps, and 1 fps over the high ibo rating. Take the time to tune and you will get what you paid for.
    Elite Archery Dealer
    Carbon Express Dealer
    Sword Accusite
    IDF4L

Senior Member Six Point Elite_Brad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Nowlin View Post
    After carefully tuning my Elite, I was able to exceed it. Chances are you can equal or exceed your birth certificate too. They don't have time to perfectly tune every bow that goes out the door. No manufacturer does. You wouldn't want to pay what it would cost if they did. It is up to your Pro shop or you to achieve the perfect tune. Frankly, often it becomes your job. They're not nearly enough Pro shops that really understand these bows. If your local shop does, thank him from the bottom of your heart for what he does for you.
    Dave Nowlin
    We do tune and shoot every bow that goes out the door. Each bow gets at least three shots through the chrono before we package it up for shipping.

Playingthewind

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Brad View Post
    We do tune and shoot every bow that goes out the door.
    Brad No dis repect here at all cause what you are saying is more than what i would expect but Dave is talking super tuning to the nth degree.There are very few that can tune their own bow like Dave.And a large part of tuning can not be done by you anyways.I am talking rest,arrows and broadheads.The timing of the binary cam is soooooooooooo critical for maximum performance so if that is dead on that is a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by nine22 View Post
    What are you guys getting for real world performance with your Elites. I know some bows have a quoted IBO speed and the bow wont even come close to it cough cough drenalin cough.. I know that the make and model of cronograph plays a part. Just would like to get everyone's experience.

nine22
    I was 13 fps slower than what the spec card said, but we later found out the Chronoy was slightly tempermental and had a sweet spot in it. So in reality I was either right on or a little above the spec card info
    DKMF

I don't want to pick a fight here, but are you saying that no one can improve on the way the bow is tuned when it leaves Elite? I believe Tuskbuster, Crackers, myself or a number of other good bow tuners can improve on anybodys factory tuning job. I will gladly explain why to you Brad if you like. Just call me. Of course Tuskbuster or Crackers could too.
    Dave Nowlin
    LimbDriver Pro Staff
    2006 Suzuki King Quad

Junior Member Fawn

Dave and Brad,
    thanks for your input!! Dave, are you using a draw board to check the cam rotation etc. If so, give us an idea on what you are looking for?
    Thanks everyone that has checked in so far. Lets hear from some others.
    No I don't have a pro shop nearby that knows what they are doing. They believe in get the bow close and get the customer out the door.
    nine22

I use an E.L.P. bowpress made by LA Archery of LaCenter, Kentucky. It has a vertical draw board and allows timing to the nth degree. It is a great tool and should be considered by any dealer of Binary Cam bows if he wants to efficiently service and tune these bows. I can get close without it but not dead on. I can easily explain to you how to tune your own bow if you have the tools and mechanical appitude. These bows weren't designed by a rocket scientist and you don't have to be one to work on them. Common sense does help a lot though. What I've learned about these bows is nothing more than applied common sense and attention to detail.

Dave Nowlin
    LimbDriver Pro Staff
    2006 Suzuki King Quad

Respected Member Ten Point Stag shootstraight's Avatar

So is speed the only thing we're looking for here on this super-tuned bow. Say I receive my Elite or any new bow for that matter and I put my stuff on and paper tune and shoot it through the chrony. I should be 5 fps slower (or so) since I've put a d-loop and peep in the string. Now I've done that and it paper tunes perfectly and groups terrific. If it's then supertuned by a bow guru it will be more efficient and gain a few ft. per second, is that the jist of it. I guess the fps gained would depend on how out of spec the bow is, but if the bow is close to spec and shooting well is it necessary.