Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: OMG The 2012 Elite is a let down

Default OMG The 2012 Elite is a let down

I have been an elite shooter for a few yrs now. GT500 and Pulse. I switched to elite for their top notch quality bows. Unbelievable quality and shooting bows. I liked what was going on. Now all of a sudden new logo,slogan and quality. I stopped by 2 elite dealers to check out the Answer. I couldn't believe my eyes. The new Answers are unlike the quality of the former elite bows. I am very let down about this. The quality and finish of the new bows are very disapointing. The limbs looked very different in quality with machine lines in the limbs. Cheap hardware and emblems. Very bad machining on the risor. I can't believe the 2 bows I saw were even allowed on the shelf by the dealers. Please chime in on this thread and tell me it isn't so.
    2011 LH PULSE

The ninja bows look pretty good, but my snow bow that came in had a very dull finish. I was disappointed because I thought they would have similar quality to the 2011 models, but they are not even close. My Hunter has a glossy finish and the Answer just looked plain. I decided to just stick with my Hunter until they resolve these issues.

Member Spike

Default 2012 Answer

I have had PSE, hoyt and bowtech bows for many years and just sold a bowtech to get a 2012 Elite Answer. My Answer is every bit as good in material quality and finish as any of these and in my opinion is better

Default I will be calling elite on Monday

I will be calling elite on Monday
    I hope what I saw was a fluke!
    2011 LH PULSE

Respected Member Ten Point Cajun Blake's Avatar

I shot the Answer (ninja) and the how was spotless , and looked perfect

As far as I could tell , same quality throughout as in previous yrs
    www.raginblaze.com
    Cajun Seasoning with a SouthWest Flare

featured products ..... cajun seasoning, chili mix, fajita seasoning
    seafood boil, New Orleans style coffee and beignets .....

Senior Member Forked Horn Rocket21's Avatar

I have a ninja answer and mine looks awesome. IF I had to criticize, I would tell elite to put a clear coat type finish over the limb decals. I thought i had some dirt on the decal and i gently tried to use my fingernail to scrape it away and i actually scratched a small part of the Elite lettering. Other than that the bow is sweet and shoots awesome

'13 Elite Hunter
    CX Aramid 250's
    QAD HD
    Spothogg RD
    Rocket Stricknine's
    Rocket Steelhead 125 Extreme's

TAZ Archery, Woodstock IL

Senior Member Six Point gt500elitist's Avatar

It would appear that the problem here is quality control of bows going out the door. Some posters see bows that are fine but a lot of others are seeing very poor finishes. I am a member of other forums and there are threads up about the crappy finishes both ninja, camos and limbs.

The one demo Answer that came in to our shop (Ninja) was not the best, overall just not the usual impeccable Elite quality. All the screw holes were burred out. The Screw head holding the supressor was chewed up so badly we had to take a sharpy to it to make it acceptable. I am sure this is just a hiccup but it does need to be addressed by Elite because this finish issue is gaining traction.

For the record my 2011 Ninja Tour I received about three weeks ago is perfect in every respect.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Senior Member Eight Point Wideback's Avatar

I would be very interested to hear what Elite will tell you over the phone. Seems like dealers should be getting insight from there reps, and i'm guessing they will only tell they are looking into the issue and making attempts to correct any issues.

There's a big thread already discussing this topic

http://www.elitearchery.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=39744
    Elite E32 - Black 29/60
    Elite E35 - APS 29/60
    Hoyt F34 - RExtra 29/60

Senior Member Six Point Elite4ever's Avatar

As mentioned I am a member of other forum and there are a lot of topics on the quality of the new elites I am not sure what is going on I am not sure if I will ever shoot Elite again I would like to think that I might but just don't know to be honest I never thought there quality was any better then a lot of the other manufacturers that being said it does seem when a company switches dipping companies or does it on there own the first few batches have flaws I am sure they will figure it out and make it right

Senior Member Four Point Stavos's Avatar

Keep in mind this is the first year Elite has been 100% built in house with no out-sourcing. This applies to the finish dept as well, my new Ninja Answer is awesome. Also keep in mind Elite has the lifetime warranty so no worries.

I for one think 2012 in a HUGE step forward for Elite.

Just sayin!

2012 Elite Answer 29.5/65 RTAP, Copper John Mark IV, Stokerized SS1, QAD HD, Victory Vforce 350 @ 28.5"(387gr @ 302fps)

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Teach your children to hunt, keep it simple and you'll never have to hunt for your children.