Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: D Loop ..Nock Height...QAD Rest

Hybrid View

Senior Member Four Point

Default D Loop ..Nock Height...QAD Rest

my Qad HDX is set so it hits the shelf pretty hard i would like to raise it a bit to just clear the shelf (there is enough travel on the QAD to do this) this means of course i will have to raise the D loop to match.

will doing this have any adverse effects on accuracy (assuming i get the D Loop and rest back in line at 90deg)
    How can i raise the D loop (at moment i dont have ant D loop material so have to re use)
    Can i loosen D loop and re tighten..how would i do this

When i raise the rest so the QAD just clears the shelf and set the arrow 90deg to the string , i can see just less than half the berger hole below the arrow, is that ok , or is the arrow too high

Respected Member Ten Point Don Beaver's Avatar

You want to keep the center of the arrow 7/8" - 15/16" above the shelf, at most.

To move your loop, just screw it up or down the serving. The way the serving is wrapped, it almost works like a threaded screw.
    989-697-5341
    Our racks are loaded.

Senior Member Four Point

what actually happens if the distance is a bit bigger than those specs, to get the QAd to juuuust clear the shelf the distance to center line of arrow is 1 1/16 "

Respected Member Ten Point Don Beaver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pbusanga View Post
    what actually happens if the distance is a bit bigger than those specs, to get the QAd to juuuust clear the shelf the distance to center line of arrow is 1 1/16 "
    The bow gets harder to tune and may not tune well, at all.
    989-697-5341
    Our racks are loaded.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Done Right's Avatar

Use the tl1 launcher that came with your qad it was made for bowtech and elite bows to get more shelf clearance it lets your shaft ride deeper into the forks.
    2014 Engery 35 RTX
    2011Pulse 29 60 Snow
    2012Tour 29 60 Blue
    2013 Pulse 29 65 Ninja
    2014 Blue E35 29 60
    2014 Black & Sno E32 29 60

Dealer for Stage1 strings
    Dealer for b2 bowstrings

Respected Member Ten Point Stag vhunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Done Right View Post
    Use the tl1 launcher that came with your qad it was made for bowtech and elite bows to get more shelf clearance it lets your shaft ride deeper into the forks.
    The tl1 launcher is actually 1/8 higher in the valley. It's made for fletching clearance not shelf clearance.
    -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Senior Member Four Point

[quote=Done Right;473817]
    Quote Originally Posted by vhunter View Post
    The tl1 launcher is actually 1/8 higher in the valley. It's made for fletching clearance not shelf clearance.[/QUOTEy

You are corect.What i meant was we have been useing the tl1 on all the qads we install and have no shelf contact running arrow thru center of amo hole and nock level
    I dont have shelf contact with the fletching, i have shelf contact with the forks of the QAD..the forks smack down onto the shelf upon release, this is what i am trying to stop by raising the rest..nothing to do with arrow / fletch clearance

I dont have shelf contact with the fletching, i have shelf contact with the forks of the QAD..the forks smack down onto the shelf upon release, this is what i am trying to stop by raising the rest..nothing to do with arrow / fletch clearance
    Raise it up. it will still tune and top half of the berger holes isnt a bad thing.
    then twist the loop like its threaded to the serving.
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag vhunter's Avatar

Here's something else you can try. grind the V in the rest a little deeper. That way you can raise your rest up, but keep your arrow position the same.
    -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Senior Member Four Point

Maybe QAD should look at offering another fork option with a deeper V in it as i understand this situation arises on a few other brands of bows as well.