Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Benefits of owning multiple bows?

Hybrid View

Default Benefits of owning multiple bows?

I'm definitely not trashing owning multiple bows, in fact I respect it a lot.

With that being said, if you don't shoot competitively, what are the BIG incentives in owning multiples?

I'm thinking about buying a second bow

I kinda figure having a second bow means you spend less time perfecting shooting the other bow. IDK.
    Last edited by Tanner Mann; 03-01-2012 at 03:14 AM.
    2012 Answer AP Snow #70
    Stokerized Edge AP Snow
    Trophy Ridge Hitman 3

Respected Member Ten Point Don Beaver's Avatar

If you're strictly a hunter I can see getting away with one bow, but there are still a few reasons to own more. I can see owning a short, lightweight rig for chasing turkeys or whitetails from blinds and a longer more accurate bow for spot and stalk hunting... Or a heavy hitter for chasing larger game... Or a black bow for blinds and a camo bow for stands... Or a camo bow for early season stands and a snow camo bow for late season stands...

I could go on and on. One bow will suit the hunter just fine... But we still find reasons to have more than one. Just cuz we want to...
    989-697-5341
    Our racks are loaded.

Respected Member Ten Point wdriver's Avatar

It's also a good idea to have a back up bow. Speaking of a back up, I could use another... like a Pure with speed mods....
    GT500 Ninja (Predator's Archery)
    Bowtech 82nd Airborne
    Bowtech Guardian

Respected Member Ten Point bfoot's Avatar

I have twenty bows and in my case I have definably gone overboard. However, owning say,five bows makes sense to me. All of my Elites are 2008 and older (13 bows) I have two each of six models but I wanted one Ninja and one camo of each as they are my favorite Elites. I suppose you could get by with a couple bows, but I think I would always have at least five.
    I enjoy working on the bows, I have learned to tune, change out cams, limbs, and customize bows having owned so many. The downside for me is I spend more time tuning and working on bows than shooting them.
    To each his own I guess.
    15 Elites - 1 GTO, 3 E-500s, 1 Synergy, 2 SynXTs, 4 Envys, a 2008.5 Z28, 2 2008.5 GT500, a Aigil, Impulse
    2 K&K Vengeance , 2011 PSE Axe 6, 2011 Hoyt Carbon Element, Four Tributes and one Allegiance

Frankenbow Freak

Quote Originally Posted by bfoot View Post
    I have twenty bows and in my case I have definably gone overboard. However, owning say,five bows makes sense to me. All of my Elites are 2008 and older (13 bows) I have two each of six models but I wanted one Ninja and one camo of each as they are my favorite Elites. I suppose you could get by with a couple bows, but I think I would always have at least five.
    I enjoy working on the bows, I have learned to tune, change out cams, limbs, and customize bows having owned so many. The downside for me is I spend more time tuning and working on bows than shooting them.
    To each his own I guess.
    You ever see the TV show titled Hoarders? You might need the host of the show to step in and help you out brother. LOL!
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag HORSEMOVER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maybee-R View Post
    You ever see the TV show titled Hoarders? You might need the host of the show to step in and help you out brother. LOL!
    Only if he has 800 lbs of cat feces in his bow room...LMAO
    RIP CENSY...IT WAS A HECK OF A RIDE BROTHER

I am the Brumby Whisperer

优秀射箭胜过炒猪肉大米

I just like to have a backup. Stuff happens. If you were to cut your string by accident with a broadhead you could be down for a week. If limbs or cams got damaged in the process it could take longer.
    Mathews Switchback XT
    2009 Elite GT500

Respected Member Ten Point Stag deerct101's Avatar

There are upsides and downsides to owning multiple bows. Having a backup like someone said strings/cams can go down and a backup is always good, but owning multiple bows adds more expense to the equation. I also believe if you own multiple bows you need to have the tools, press and draw board to be able to do the maintenance that is needed without having to go to the shop everytime.
    LH Energy 35
    LH GT500
    LH Judge

Senior Member Six Point Button Buck's Avatar

I have 4, I just like em! I love to shoot them and work on them. I try different releases, fletchings, etc. It's just what I enjoy, so I have more than one. They're all really hunting rigs actually, but I do shoot Hunter class in local 3D tourneys.

09 Z28 27.5" 60# (Maybee-R tuned)
    09 GT500 (with 2010 cams)27.5" 60#

Senior Member Six Point

Here's each of my bow's purpose:

70# Aigil - turned down to 63# it is my primary hunting bow. A veritable killing machine. If I ever do go on that dream western hunt for elk or Canada for bear, I'll dial it up to #70.
    60# Aigil - Will see some hunting time this year. Just dipped it in Mothwing Winter Mimicry. It's the only Elite I shoot in "stock" condition, meaning with the thumper thing in place. So it gives me a different feel at release.
    60# GTO - Another killing machine and it's my speed bow. Fast, relatively quiet, it's just fun to shoot. It would be my backup on aforementioned dream hunt.
    50# GTO - dipped in Orange Game Day, it's my sore shoulder days bow.
    Ross 331 - Also a great hunting bow and it's the one I take out in the really crappy weather, ie rain or snow. I consider it my short range bow because it doesn't have the giddyup that my Elites have. I also shoot it lefthanded just for the heck of it.
    ZMax - the first truly great bow I ever had, for its time, and a reminder to me of when Mathews made great bows.
    Twin GTO's 60# 397 gr 280 fps, 50# 373 gr 263 fps
    Ross 331 60# 373 gr 262 fps
    Aigil 64# 397 gr 280 fps

I learned quick those GTOs don't run on faith.