Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: QAD or Pro-V

Senior Member Four Point skinner2's Avatar

I prefer the pro v.

Can't really comment on the Pro V but I have had QAD on all my bows and love them.
    Elite Energy 35 28.5" 65#
    Trophy Taker II
    CBE Quad Lite
    Bee Stinger Stabilizers

Respected Member Ten Point BAD007's Avatar

They are both great hunting rests but for the full containment arguement the QAD is a better rest in my opinion. The reason i say that is the LD will need some sort of shelf holder in order to keep the arrow from bouncing anywhere within the cage while the QAD just holds the arrow still as can be. The QAD is also easier to get cocked and ready in the dark in a treesatnd if that matters. Another thing is if you need to let down from full draw the QAD still has your arrow contained while the Pro V will let the arrow go anywhere within the cage. The LD is an easier rest to set up if you have never set up a Qad.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag TEXAS 10PT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BAD007 View Post
    They are both great hunting rests but for the full containment arguement the QAD is a better rest in my opinion. The reason i say that is the LD will need some sort of shelf holder in order to keep the arrow from bouncing anywhere within the cage while the QAD just holds the arrow still as can be. The QAD is also easier to get cocked and ready in the dark in a treesatnd if that matters. Another thing is if you need to let down from full draw the QAD still has your arrow contained while the Pro V will let the arrow go anywhere within the cage. The LD is an easier rest to set up if you have never set up a Qad.
    I've got 3 QAD HDX on three of my bows now versus the rest of them having the LD. And you are right for hunting I really like the QAD much better. I haven't shot past 30 yards with the QAD yet to test it against the LD's accuracy but I would guess they are pretty close.

TEXAS
    2011 PURE MAX 1
    2012 ANSWER SNOW
    2013 PULSE MAX 1
    2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
    Elite Archery Pro Staff

Proud Member of the Texas Boys
    BH and HTC Nashville

Respected Member Ten Point Stag jjbuilder's Avatar

Switched to the HDX awhile back and don't have any complaints. It's a solid hunting rest!

Respected Member Ten Point Stag deerct101's Avatar

Wouldn't the pro-v lift the arrow anywhere in the cage after being let down?
    LH Energy 35
    LH GT500
    LH Judge

Respected Member Ten Point Stag chappy's Avatar

I think the QADs are noisier than any LD rest. I'm getting an LD Pro for the new Hunter coming in.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
    2014 RTX Elite Energy 35, 60lbs, 29", GT Velocity Pros, Limb Driver, Spot Hogg Real Deal ,Bstinger Sport, Slick Tricks and Hammer Heads.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag deerct101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chappy View Post
    I think the QADs are noisier than any LD rest. I'm getting an LD Pro for the new Hunter coming in.
    Thats is what I have been reading as well. Think I will go Pro-V.
    LH Energy 35
    LH GT500
    LH Judge

Respected Member Ten Point Stag eltaco's Avatar

I didn't care for the Pro-V connection to the upper limb while trying to use a Tightspot. I had clearance issues unless I spaced the quiver out... which completely negated the usefulness of a tightspot quiver.

I'll be trying a Smackdown Pro when they start shipping.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag BlindBuck's Avatar

I have a question that maybe you guys can help me understand. I have always used the LD with a capture blade since I switched from a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone years ago. What is the benefit of the "Full Containment" type rest? Do you guys turn your bows more sideways than this? Sorry in advance for hijacking and the crumby cell phone picture.

Attached Images Attached Images