Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hunter with Short Draw Tour Cams?

Respected Member Ten Point eweese18's Avatar

Default Hunter with Short Draw Tour Cams?

Anyone shot the hunter with the short draw tour cams on it? How does it feel in comparison to the normal cams that are on the hunter? Valley and Let-off the same? Smooth draw like the regular hunter cams? Picked one up for the fiance, just curious on some reviews on this bow with these cams. Don't know if there are really that many out there or not.
    Proud Member of the Texas Boys

My wife has one and loves it. From what I can tell the let off and valley are close to the rest of the elites and it is very smooth, but she also has a 4 inch shorter draw than I do so it may feel different to her. She says it is night and day from her Hoyt and her PSE.002.JPG
    2012 Pulse 28/60
    Spot Hogg Hogg-it

Thats the kind of info I am looking for, Thanks! The bow will be set at the lowest DL setting it can go so I am hoping it will have that adequate valley and let-off.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag TEXAS 10PT's Avatar

Evan.....you sure this draw set up is not for you??? and not your fiance LOL

TEXAS
    2011 PURE MAX 1
    2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
    Elite Archery Pro Staff

BH and HTC Nashville

I had a Hunter at 26.5" and I never really noticed an issue at low draw weight. When I got new limbs and jacked it up to 67 lbs I noticed that the let-off and valley is far inferior to the other Elites. I of course brought it to 3 different Elite techs to ensure it was timed and string/cable twists were right. They said it's just the way it was. I ended up trading it in for my Answer and just dealing with a 27" DL.
    2012 Answer AP Snow #70
    Stokerized Edge AP Snow
    Trophy Ridge Hitman 3

Quote Originally Posted by TEXAS 10PT View Post
    Evan.....you sure this draw set up is not for you??? and not your fiance LOL

TEXAS
    The draw weight is probably about right since I injured myself again, but its actually just shy if T-Rex style arms.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Z-Rider's Avatar

My wife's Fliptone Blue Hunter draws so smoooooooth with the Tour cams it is crazy. She could never draw more than 38-40 pounds max on her previous bows, this one is 48-50 so I know it has to be smooth!
    2014 Elite Enervy 35 - RealTree Xtra
    2014 Elite Energy 32 - RealTree Xtra

Senior Member Forked Horn callmin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner Mann View Post
    I had a Hunter at 26.5" and I never really noticed an issue at low draw weight. When I got new limbs and jacked it up to 67 lbs I noticed that the let-off and valley is far inferior to the other Elites. I of course brought it to 3 different Elite techs to ensure it was timed and string/cable twists were right. They said it's just the way it was. I ended up trading it in for my Answer and just dealing with a 27" DL.
    I agree. My hunter is set at 26.5" dl also and the letoff is no where near that of my 27" Z28 and Answer. I kinda got the same response from the dealer, it's just the way it is. I sent it to Elite and had them tune it and same thing when I got it back, very little letoff, but it shoots good.
    2014 60# Elite Energy 32 AT Realtree Xtra
    2013 60# Obsession Knightmare Black

Senior Member Eight Point antlergirl's Avatar

I have a 2011 Hunter set at 53 lbs, 25" DL. It's a nice shooter. Before I got it, I shot one at the shop, it's DL was lik3 27" I think, had the regular hunter cams...I think they were a tad smoother than the Tour cams but can't really complain. My Hunter shoots awesome...it's the person behind the bow who has a few kinks to work out, lol

Anymore experiences? So far two say that the valley doesnt feel to be that great, I am assuming with the higher poundages and shorter DL's. Hopefully it is still decent with 40lb limbs.