Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Former Post

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Done Right's Avatar

Default Former Post

I know there was a post on this along time ago about Elite dealers not knowing how to tune Elite bows.Well fellows i had another elite dealer call me on tuning a Judge this dealer was clueless he didnt have a draw board or nothing his customers complaint was the dealer had replaced strings and cables and the bow was not the same as before now this dealer claims the bow was perfect i asked how the draw cycle was and he replyed very stiff as before. I didnt think the draw was stiff on the Judge i aked him what the ata and brace was and he said i didnt measure it i didnt think it was important ha ha So i told him if he didnt figure it tell your customer to come and see me and i would help him out and put it on the draw board and see we it was peaking.To make a long story short how many of you Elite brothers and sisters thinks Elite should make a better tech video and explain to the dealers who doesnt have a draw board that it is a must?I will not mention the other dealers name but i think they should fell like a big A$$ to not no what there doing.Fellows post up on this and maybe Elite will make a better tuneing video on there tech end for these dealers and everyone else out there who wants to learn.
    Last edited by Done Right; 03-04-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    2014 Engery 35 RTX
    2011Pulse 29 60 Snow
    2012Tour 29 60 Blue
    2013 Pulse 29 65 Ninja
    2014 Blue E35 29 60
    2014 Black & Sno E32 29 60

Dealer for Stage1 strings
    Dealer for b2 bowstrings

Respected Member Ten Point Don Beaver's Avatar

The info is there top be had. Nobody is trying to keep how to tune these bows a secret. The dealer either get's behind them enough to care or he doesn't. Kinda sad to see dealers sell something they don't know about or their heart isn't in, but it's not Elite's fault. Shame on that dealer.
    989-697-5341
    Our racks are loaded.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag thumper's Avatar

Most dealers around here don't even know what a draw board is . Sad, Sad . Selling Elites you would at least think they would know what one is . Why don't rep's inform them about them . The worst part is without one it's pretty hard to check any bow .
    2010 GT500 , 2011 snow Pure [ Fire , wifes bow ] Retrieverfishing's Custom string field staff

Quote Originally Posted by Don Beaver View Post
    The info is there top be had. Nobody is trying to keep how to tune these bows a secret. The dealer either get's behind them enough to care or he doesn't. Kinda sad to see dealers sell something they don't know about or their heart isn't in, but it's not Elite's fault. Shame on that dealer.
    I totaly agree it is not Elites fault and the info is there.Elites are very simple to figure out you may have to play a little and a draw board is a very important piece to have for any dealer it saves time.
    2014 Engery 35 RTX
    2011Pulse 29 60 Snow
    2012Tour 29 60 Blue
    2013 Pulse 29 65 Ninja
    2014 Blue E35 29 60

Dealer for b2 bowstrings

Respected Member Ten Point pbuck's Avatar

If nothing else they may want to at least update some of the info on their current tech vids. I know it would have saved myself and a few others some major headaches had we known the most of the newer bows reach peak weight at somewhere around 7" NOT the recommended 6-6 1/2" point as the video and Mr. Sharrone clearly state.
    E35 Max 1
    2010 Z28 Max 1
    Target rig...To Be Announced

Quote Originally Posted by pbuck View Post
    If nothing else they may want to at least update some of the info on their current tech vids. I know it would have saved myself and a few others some major headaches had we known the most of the newer bows reach peak weight at somewhere around 7" NOT the recommended 6-6 1/2" point as the video and Mr. Sharrone clearly state.
    A updated video would be a plus for everyone including some dealers and the do it your selfers it would be in Elites best interest to up date the tech video.
    2014 Engery 35 RTX
    2011Pulse 29 60 Snow
    2012Tour 29 60 Blue
    2013 Pulse 29 65 Ninja
    2014 Blue E35 29 60

Dealer for b2 bowstrings

Respected Member Ten Point Stag deerct101's Avatar

Agreed, updated how to vids would be a big help. I have three bows and need to work on them myself or send them to an expert because I feel that if I want to get the max out of them they need to be tuned by someone with the right tools for the job. Neither of the dealers I have been to have draw boards. One I will never give another dime to or step foot in even of they were the last archery dealer within 500 miles of me.
    LH Energy 35
    LH GT500
    LH Judge

Respected Member Ten Point Stag archer58inPA's Avatar

I believe that it is Elite's best interest to offer a school to their dealers, or demand someone in the shop be trained.
    Hoyt and PSE offer dealer schools. It's a good idea.
    Auto makers demand that the dealer's mechanics keep up with the latest tech on the cars. Same situation applies here.
    2014 E32
    2011 PULSE AP
    TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
    Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Quote Originally Posted by archer58inPA View Post
    I believe that it is Elite's best interest to offer a school to their dealers, or demand someone in the shop be trained.
    Hoyt and PSE offer dealer schools. It's a good idea.
    Auto makers demand that the dealer's mechanics keep up with the latest tech on the cars. Same situation applies here.
    Not all dealers need to be schooled but i have to agree they should offer something for the dealers that need it.
    2014 Engery 35 RTX
    2011Pulse 29 60 Snow
    2012Tour 29 60 Blue
    2013 Pulse 29 65 Ninja
    2014 Blue E35 29 60

Dealer for b2 bowstrings

Respected Member Ten Point Stag DustyRx's Avatar

I agree that dealers should have a drawboard. They are priceless tools. We finally have a dealer close to me that has one but he is not an Elite dealer. I went to his shop the other day it was good see he had one and knew how to use it.

With that said, I just rebuilt mine so if anyone in the NW Arkansas area needs some tuning/seteup done then I would be glad to help out.