Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Former Post

Senior Member Eight Point timmymac24's Avatar

This is exactly why Rick Maybee did my GT for me and did it very well by the way. My Elite dealer doesn't have a draw board. He would laugh me out of his shop if I suggested it since he knows all about all archery equipment and tuning. I have told several other people on here and AT don't waste your time and money on your local if they don't know how to truly tune up your bow with a draw board being used. I live in CA and shipped my bow to Rick in WA. I have zero regrets since it I knew it would be done right but it's too bad our local guy can't step up. He is more interested in selling Bowtech, Hoyt, and Mathews. Elite still gets minimal respect. I could go on and on but this enough for a Sunday night.
    2013 Hoyt Spyder 34
    2011 Elite Pulse

Senior Member Forked Horn PAkilla86's Avatar

IMO Elite shouldnt allow "dealers" who dont have the required tools to tune their bows to be "dealers" in the first place. You can say its not Elite's fault that the dealers dont know what their doing if the info is their to be had....but in all actuality it is because elite is allowing them to represent them and their products!

I dont allow my local shop to touch my bow or the local elite dealer, both seem to have the brains and bow sense god gave a gnat, if I dont work on my bow it goes to Fury X and Wes works his magic!
    12 Answer
    Dead Center ArcheryShooting StaffTriple Toe Game Calls Pro Staff
    Elites of the past: 09 Z28, 10 Z28, 11 Pure

Respected Member Ten Point Stag deerct101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PAkilla86 View Post
    IMO Elite shouldnt allow "dealers" who dont have the required tools to tune their bows to be "dealers" in the first place. You can say its not Elite's fault that the dealers dont know what their doing if the info is their to be had....but in all actuality it is because elite is allowing them to represent them and their products!

I dont allow my local shop to touch my bow or the local elite dealer, both seem to have the brains and bow sense god gave a gnat, if I dont work on my bow it goes to Fury X and Wes works his magic!
    But I don't think you should have to ship a bow cross country to have it tuned. While done right it gets expensive to do that.

Bottom line is in my case I am working on a draw board and getting a press to try to do the things I need to so the last case scenario I send it out.

Best part about this forum is the folk who are willing to help others.
    LH Energy 35
    LH GT500
    LH Judge

Senior Member Eight Point devin1's Avatar

This is pure laziness on the dealers part. I am not a dealer and I can tune an Elite bow. All you have to do is want to try. If he wanted to truley satisfy his customers he would surf the web and learn how to tune a 2 trac. Its not hard. Once he learns the 2 trac cam he should be able tune plenty of different bows.

You cant turn down someone with Money wanting to stock the bows, that ludicrous.

Most of you guys are more knowledgeable then regular walk in customers. You should really be doing what your asking your selfs. or have someone you trust help you out. You wont ever see the top shooters at any venue of archery talking about who set their bow up...you might hear what tricks they did on their own bows though.
    Elite has really helped dealers with better bows out of the box.
    I worked at a shop who has a large selection and trust me none were any better for tune when you open the box.
    Your local shop should be able to set you up too. If you know enough to not like it, then really you should learn a little more and do it your selfs. Reason I started..JMO.
    I know for a fact the money you get for tune and set ups wont keep a shop a float. they need to sell bows and accessory's. And you cant ask a shop willing to spend money stocking bows to stop or come to a class before your allowed to sell them.
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag deerct101's Avatar

The biggest gripe I have is not being able to go to the dealer 8 miles from my house after I spent 3k for bows and accessories because I don't trust him to work on my bows even though he is an Elite dealer. I guess being a dealer doesn't always qualify you be to a technician. Now I drive an hour one way.
    LH Energy 35
    LH GT500
    LH Judge

Respected Member Ten Point Stag BlindBuck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maybee-R View Post
    You cant turn down someone with Money wanting to stock the bows, that ludicrous.

Most of you guys are more knowledgeable then regular walk in customers. You should really be doing what your asking your selfs. or have someone you trust help you out. You wont ever see the top shooters at any venue of archery talking about who set their bow up...you might hear what tricks they did on their own bows though.
    I worked at a shop who has a large selection and trust me none were any better for tune when you open the box.
    Your local shop should be able to set you up too. If you know enough to not like it, then really you should learn a little more and do it your selfs. Reason I started..JMO.
    I know for a fact the money you get for tune and set ups wont keep a shop a float. they need to sell bows and accessory's. And you cant ask a shop willing to spend money stocking bows to stop or come to a class before your allowed to sell them.
    This ^^^^^^^^

It is also the reason I have just made a string jig. Last thing I need to learn to be fully self sufficient. Also seems to be the hardest thing to learn to do correctly.lol Luckily I have an excellent resource to turn to that can answer my questions.(Thanks Ben)
    Last edited by BlindBuck; 03-05-2012 at 09:49 AM.

[QUOTE=Maybee-R;494022]You cant turn down someone with Money wanting to stock the bows, that ludicrous.
    QUOTE]

They definitely do this! Doesn't seem to matter who gets hurt anymore!!!

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Done Right's Avatar

Well fellows i got the other shops customers Judge in working order for him and i gained a customer who had to drive a hour away to get to my shop but he will be back to see me for sure.His Judge was pretty much out of wack but it is in proper shooting order now and he is tickeled pink with the service i provided for him he was amazed with the draw board and how simple it made the fix i am sure he is telling all his Elite buddys on how i got his bow in great shooting order.I was just pleased to put a smile on his face and gain a new customer.As i stated before Elites are very easy to work on and tune sometimes it just takes a little time.
    2014 Engery 35 RTX
    2011Pulse 29 60 Snow
    2012Tour 29 60 Blue
    2013 Pulse 29 65 Ninja
    2014 Blue E35 29 60
    2014 Black & Sno E32 29 60

Dealer for Stage1 strings
    Dealer for b2 bowstrings

Respected Member Ten Point Stag wassaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maybee-R View Post

Quote Originally Posted by BlindBuck View Post
    This ^^^^^^^^

It is also the reason I have just made a string jig. Last thing I need to learn to be fully self sufficient. Also seems to be the hardest thing to learn to do correctly.lol Luckily I have an excellent resource to turn to that can answer my questions.(Thanks Ben)
    I agree with this also. 90% of the guys that frequent or come to this forum already know more than the average Joe. heck just by being able to search and find the forum shows some initiative.
    next thing you know you have a whole room for doing all the work, like BB was saying above.
    as far dealers "having" to have a draw board. the hook on the wall with a tape measure works in a cheap pinch also. most shops already have that hook for DL it's just a matter of utilizing it for looking at the cam/sync and DOTS while there. maybe hang a digital scale and use the same hook.
    Abstracted Member of the TEXAS BOYS