Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Helpfully Hints to Elite Bow Tuning...

Respected Member Ten Point pbuck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seejakerun View Post
    Wow , im pretty sure im not the brightest crayon in the box, haha
    Careful, you just may come up with the next "improved" tuning method. I've seen a couple versions of Goodyear tuning mentioned.
    E35 Max 1
    2010 Z28 Max 1
    Target rig...To Be Announced

Respected Member Ten Point benel3006's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pbuck View Post
    Careful, you just may come up with the next "improved" tuning method. I've seen a couple versions of Goodyear tuning mentioned.
    Haven't seen Goodyear tuning on a bow but hate to admit I once may have BF Goodrich tuned a BLR

Senior Member Forked Horn Lance3.1R's Avatar

yeah dont tell anyone but i have had a Toyo tuning accident followed shortly after by a cummins attack end results were( I didnt have to tune it anymore ) P.S. it wasnt an elite bow
    GT 500 60# 30" Pure 70# 29 1/2"

This is funny. I wanted to ask so bad what gravel tuning was but i was skeered!
    2012 Elite Answer AT/APS, 28"/62.3
    Amortech HD, Limbdriver, Easton ACC ProHunting 390
    Carter Enterprises.

Senior Member Forked Horn The Elitest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wurm247 View Post
    This is funny. I wanted to ask so bad what gravel tuning was but i was skeered!

See there are diffrent types of Gravel Tuning, many moons ago I specialized in intentional gravel tuning. Like my Parker Phoenix 32 which had a horrible left left tear when trying to paper tune for many days so after I exhausted all other options I threw her across the shop parking lot with a underhanded release, and then there was the time I had a arrow explode upon launch at our indoor 3-d league shoot with my X-force that one was a over hand side arm release. Remember to check your arrows for cracks before shooting them. I knew I had read that some where ( it is actually written on the arrows ) if anyone is wondering. That was an impulse reaction (pop a top moment). But remember there are diffrent versions so make sure you are tuning to your qualification.
    I AM ALL JACKED UP ON MT. DEW !!!!

I did Honda tune a Martin firecat in 99. Didnt get it right on the top of the mountain so I redone it almost back to camp.
    First time it shot alright. Second time It tuned the rest quiver and 4 of the 5 arrows in it. Also got rid of a few extra pins in the sight. and those ovaling peeps line up nice with this sight housing now.

I did get a really cool bow holder the next xmas for my 4 wheeler after that though. lol.
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

I know what your talking about, i had a Oneida Strike Eagle, the one that the little control cables would actually slip out of the cam in very small amounts. Major tuning issues EVERY DAY. but it was grass tuned with maybe one rock.
    2012 Elite Answer AT/APS, 28"/62.3
    Amortech HD, Limbdriver, Easton ACC ProHunting 390
    Carter Enterprises.

Senior Member Forked Horn The Elitest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wurm247 View Post
    I know what your talking about, i had a Oneida Strike Eagle, the one that the little control cables would actually slip out of the cam in very small amounts. Major tuning issues EVERY DAY. but it was grass tuned with maybe one rock.

Different situations require different methods...
    I AM ALL JACKED UP ON MT. DEW !!!!

Senior Member Forked Horn

I seen a guy gravel tune his hoyt after a big shoot he threw it in the gravel stones in parking lot. i guess that made it shoot better.