Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Disgusted with Elite Archery Respect the Game show.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag HORSEMOVER's Avatar

RIP CENSY...IT WAS A HECK OF A RIDE BROTHER

I am the Brumby Whisperer

优秀射箭胜过炒猪肉大米

Senior Member Four Point

Probably would have a different opinion if you looked outside and saw this in your yard.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    E-500 60lb in MAX4
    E-500 60lb Black AP w/updated K8's
    E-500 70lb in APG
    2 XXL's 70lb with fire cams in G1

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Grizz's Avatar

Nothing wrong with hunting big cats like that. Believe it or not, there is a good abundance of Mt.lions in the southwest states. Arizona, New Mexico and far west Texas. I have no issues with it and would actually love to do it sometime. They are not overhunting these animals, the state knows how many need to be taken out each year to maintain a healthy population, yet not so many that the ranchers are loosing an excess of livestock.

P.Smash

The bad man killed the kitty witty using dogs

Read a book, or actually go hunting......something OTHER than 6 pointers in Ohio.

I been on a cat hunt with dogs, and it aint easy....at all. You gotta run yer a$$ off trying to keep up with a big friggin cat, being chased by mean a$$ dogs over the roughest country God has created......then when you finally gt him treed, and you have absolutely no breath left in your lungs, with every muscle in your body burning from exhaustion......you have to draw your bow, make a perfect shot, at a highly elevated target that's pi$$ed off and would thrash yer a$$ in a second if it could.

So yeah, it's sporting......and it's legal. Nuff said.

Love,
    Smash

Respected Member Ten Point Stag IRISH66's Avatar

"The only good cat is a dead cat"

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Chippy (aka Slippy)'s Avatar

As long as you "respect the game" thats all that matters. lol
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

- Kevin Strother

Respected Member Ten Point Stag jjbuilder's Avatar

Lion hunting is not as easy as it looks. I agree alot of times it might look like an easy shot but that is the exception and not the rule. I have a friend that runs hounds and went along once to help out. I can tell you just getting to the cat is a tough job. Then you have to deal with your adrenaline and shaking from running for miles and take a clean shot (if you can get one). You might even have crazy azz tree climbing hounds that you can't tie up and get them out of the way to deal with...lol. Lion hunting is the only effective means of population control. It's alot of work and you better be in shape for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Respected Member Ten Point Stag TexasCanesFan's Avatar

Until I can put Cat Chow in a feeder and kill one that way, then dogs would be my method of choice.

I love the folks that THEIR regional way of hunting is the only "right" way to do things and therefore everyone else is wrong.

I would post more, but I need to go check for holes in my high fence and top off all my feeders.
    "Just another fine day of grown men acting like 13 year olds over their bows" - Anonymous

Respected Member Ten Point Stag HORSEMOVER's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jjbuilder View Post
    Lion hunting is not as easy as it looks. I agree alot of times it might look like an easy shot but that is the exception and not the rule. I have a friend that runs hounds and went along once to help out. I can tell you just getting to the cat is a tough job. Then you have to deal with your adrenaline and shaking from running for miles and take a clean shot (if you can get one). You might even have crazy azz tree climbing hounds that you can't tie up and get them out of the way to deal with...lol. Lion hunting is the only effective means of population control. It's alot of work and you better be in shape for it.
    Cool pic Jerry. Crazy azz tree climbing hounds...LMAO
    RIP CENSY...IT WAS A HECK OF A RIDE BROTHER

I am the Brumby Whisperer

优秀射箭胜过炒猪肉大米

Respected Member Ten Point Stag jjbuilder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
    Until I can put Cat Chow in a feeder and kill one that way, then dogs would be my method of choice.

I love the folks that THEIR regional way of hunting is the only "right" way to do things and therefore everyone else is wrong.

I would post more, but I need to go check for holes in my high fence and top off all my feeders.

You forgot to make sure that the gates to the canned hunt pens are locked too! You're slacking TCF!