Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Disgusted with Elite Archery Respect the Game show.

Respected Member Ten Point Rev. Juan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nicko View Post
    You are not yet forgiven. You have angered the archery gods. Your penance is as follows: turn in your Z28 and shoot a Lone Wolf Lobo, the ugliest bow of all time for a period of two years. Say 10 Hail Marys and 3 Our Fathers and then you can reclaim your Z.
    HAHAHA This was the best!!!
    09/10 Elite GT500 Ninja aka
    el fabricante de viuda
    NRA INSTRUCTOR
    SC CWP INSTRUCTOR

Respected Member Ten Point Stag thumper's Avatar

Bgriffoo8 good to meet a young man with some class . Hope you stay on the forum for a long time .
    2010 GT500 , 2011 snow Pure [ Fire , wifes bow ] Retrieverfishing's Custom string field staff

Senior Member Eight Point

Quote Originally Posted by thumper View Post
    Bgriffoo8 good to meet a young man with some class . Hope you stay on the forum for a long time .
    X2 I read your follow up posts ...glad to see your changed your mind a bit. If your ever out my way come and run some coyotes or snow shoes and we will show you a good time.

Yes I agree great follow-up. I'm sure all of us hunters are somewhat ignorant to other methods that we as hunters use throughout the world. And for your buck, I'm sure he tasted great!! My first 10 years of hunting were killing anything with horns. Does were not allowed to be shot. This was how I was taught by my father and Uncles. When they were young it was a real accomplishment to see a deer no-less kill one. As I hunted more I got more picky. Now I shoot only mature bucks for trophy's and does for meat. Seems to work on our lease in Ohio because last season after 4 years of us (6 hunters) practicing qdm, we shot 5 bucks smallest 130" biggest 173", and passed on several that will be slammers next fall. Not saying everyone should hunt this way, but it works for us and we get more enjoyment out of seeing big bucks each time we hunt.
    "Aim small miss small"

2013 Pure 70lb Blk/Max1 Limbs
    2012 Pure 70lb Blk/ 2013 Black AP Limbs

CBE Tek Hybrid 5 pin sight
    Exxus Core, Exxus, SX-2, Silverhorn Releases
    Solids, DRT's, Deep six, axis and DCA Hunters 300
    Past Elites
    2008 XXL
    2010XLR
    2010 GT500
    2011 Pure AP
    2011 Pure Max1

Senior Member Forked Horn titan-chaser's Avatar

Mountain lion, wolves, yotes, etc, PREDATORS! Eat young elk, deer and turkey. As far as I'm concerned, I salute the use of dogs on predators. It is hard to watch, but if it bothers me, I turn the channel and watch Dr. Oz.

Senior Member Forked Horn Smoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEMOVER View Post
    My mate Denis down under is a cold blooded brumby killa. Different than what we are used to but so be it.

This guy treed the horse, and took both the tree and the horse down with one arrow. I even think the horse is still alive in the picture.

We could make anything unethical if we wanted....that is what is wrong with the world. We are making a bunch of pansies out of everyone. Hunting is not meant to be pretty! But in the end I bet most have a huge respect for what they just harvested and made sure what they shot was going to die and not run around injured.

Just like the huge over run population of domestic cats in some towns running crazy....euthanize them...I bet the protesters would not take them in, even though they will Bit@# about killing them.

I have to digress, I get crazy on how everyone is so touchy anymore and "you hurt my feelings"...but in the end everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I understand CAT hunting....I have to admit sometimes when I watch a bear hunt with food about 15 yds away and its shot with a crossbow, I think that is not hunting to me. But it really is, and its not about how hard the hunt was...I think every animal should have a chance to get away for hunting to be hunting....I like my odds alot higher. My Elite bow upped my odds 80% for me, 20% for the walking meat.

Hunt safe and help others, PO

Smoman
    Elite Answer 28" 70# (283fps with hunting arrow)
    MBG Custom Ascent/Vengeance, Stokerized Stabilizer
    QAD HDX Rest, GT XT Hunter Arrows
    Hardcore Max release, RAMCAT Broadheads PROSTAFF
    BUCKSCORE PROSTAFF, COVERT Cameras PROSTAFF
    http://www.DeerDaze.com

Senior Member Forked Horn Smoman's Avatar

bgriff008

Hey don't feel bad, your not the only one that hunts that ever thought it...you just had the gonads to write it.

Nice Broadhead choice!!

Smoman
    Elite Answer 28" 70# (283fps with hunting arrow)
    MBG Custom Ascent/Vengeance, Stokerized Stabilizer
    QAD HDX Rest, GT XT Hunter Arrows
    Hardcore Max release, RAMCAT Broadheads PROSTAFF
    BUCKSCORE PROSTAFF, COVERT Cameras PROSTAFF
    http://www.DeerDaze.com

Respected Member Ten Point Stag HORSEMOVER's Avatar

Brumby not horse...just saying
    RIP CENSY...IT WAS A HECK OF A RIDE BROTHER

I am the Brumby Whisperer

优秀射箭胜过炒猪肉大米

Senior Member Forked Horn gamehog1's Avatar

ya should try it bgriff I have put in countless hours and miles going with my buddies chasing cats trust me finding a track then turning the dogs out doesn't mean anything we have had way more nature "runs" than killing. There isnt anything like finally getting one in a tree only to look it over and see its a female or not a good enough cat to kill. Just know they aren't killing everyone they come across most of the guys I know are more protective of them than some guys are of their children. So just seein what they show probably takes most of the actual hunt out of it. I wish you could come out and go through the whole thing it is very fun.and extremely challenging. Like isaid i still havent got one.

Senior Member Forked Horn titan-chaser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoman View Post
    This guy treed the horse, and took both the tree and the horse down with one arrow. I even think the horse is still alive in the picture.

We could make anything unethical if we wanted....that is what is wrong with the world. We are making a bunch of pansies out of everyone. Hunting is not meant to be pretty! But in the end I bet most have a huge respect for what they just harvested and made sure what they shot was going to die and not run around injured.

Just like the huge over run population of domestic cats in some towns running crazy....euthanize them...I bet the protesters would not take them in, even though they will Bit@# about killing them.

I have to digress, I get crazy on how everyone is so touchy anymore and "you hurt my feelings"...but in the end everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I understand CAT hunting....I have to admit sometimes when I watch a bear hunt with food about 15 yds away and its shot with a crossbow, I think that is not hunting to me. But it really is, and its not about how hard the hunt was...I think every animal should have a chance to get away for hunting to be hunting....I like my odds alot higher. My Elite bow upped my odds 80% for me, 20% for the walking meat.

Hunt safe and help others, PO

Smoman
    This guy is a predator, I like it.