Thread: Gold Tip XT Hunters vs. Expedition Hunters 75/95

Default Gold Tip XT Hunters vs. Expedition Hunters 75/95

I have shot XT's forever. A few days ago i bought some Expedition shafts because of the good price. I cut of both ends to 28", fletched 'em up and took them out for testing yesterday. Let me tell ya, they fly right with my XT's out to 70 yards. I just might not be spending the few extra dollars for XT's anymore. Has anyone had similar experiences?
    2012 Answer 29/70
    2011 Pulse 29/70 a.k.a "Spitting Death" Too many other bows that are no longer relevant!

Senior Member Eight Point ohio mossy oak's Avatar

I have a mixed back of 11 or 12 55/75s..6 Exp hunters,1 XT an 5 Pro hunters...I aint good enough to tell a differnce..
    First it's pretty tires, then it's pretty guns and bows....Next thing you know, you're shavin' your beard and wearin' capri pants

Senior Member Eight Point Jbehredt's Avatar

Same shafts sorted by different tolerances. A good batch of expeditions are right with xt's The lesser quality shafts will get lumped into the exped category though. That said I can't shoot well enough to justify .001. I shoot xt the wife shoots exped. Tough as nails. Took the steel plate in the garage way better than the axis.

Senior Member Four Point SoleAdventure's Avatar

I have only tried one batch of the Expeditions, and yes, they did fly just as good as any of the XTs that I have tried. I am sure you get a few more wobblers in the Expedition line, but most of them seems to be great.

weight tolerances will be greater as well. arrows may not be all within a grain or two when finished up...and the next dozen might not weigh exactly the same as the last dozen.
    Team Viscosity
    I use archery stuff

Senior Member Six Point Button Buck's Avatar

I'm right with ya. Maybe I can't shoot good enough to tell the difference, but I have the same experience with the cheapy 22 Series too.

09 Z28 27.5" 60# (Maybee-R tuned)
    09 GT500 (with 2010 cams)27.5" 60#