Thread: cam setting @ brace

Senior Member Forked Horn

Default cam setting @ brace

I've always wondered what the tuning charts mean where it says "cam setting at brace from .160 hole to inside of limb". My question is where is this mystery .160 hole?

Respected Member Ten Point Stag eltaco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDUX View Post
    I've always wondered what the tuning charts mean where it says "cam setting at brace from .160 hole to inside of limb". My question is where is this mystery .160 hole?
    You can find that hole approximately 0.160" from the edge of your limb

Funny guy, I think I just need it stated differently...I'm a show me kind a guy so it takes me a bit to catch on to simple things sometimes Is the reasoning for putting that on the charts a way to know if you got the correct spacers or ??

Respected Member Ten Point Stag eltaco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LUCKYDUX View Post
    Funny guy, I think I just need it stated differently...I'm a show me kind a guy so it takes me a bit to catch on to simple things sometimes Is the reasoning for putting that on the charts a way to know if you got the correct spacers or ??
    Sorry buddy, I couldn't help myself.

So that reference hole will be a different distance from the limb depending on what bow and what DL you have. It moves with Cam rotation and I don't personally think its as good of an indicator as checking timing at full draw... in fact, I think they removed it from the tech manual for 2012. If you look at an earlier manual, I believe it shows where that hole is on your Cam.

Yea I don't see it stated on the answer's tune chart so you may be correct. I don't physically have any earlier manuals so I'm a loss there, I just thought it might help me some to know where this hole is.