Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Confused again

  1. #1
    Senior Member Four Point
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    256

    Default Confused again

    Well, I just changed to 70# limbs on my 07 synergy and was out shooting it after getting it all tuned. Cams are in sync, draw length is 29, I just haven't measured draw weight yet. I was out shooting and it is shooting great. Slapping arrows group after group. I decide to shoot a broadhead(at 20 yards) and it hits 3" to the left, height is good though. I try a different broadhead same result. This is telling me my spine is weak as I am a Lefty shooter. I try to move my rest and the distance doesn't change. I moved the rest a little more but still no change. I am shooting Carbon Express maxima hunters 350 at 28.5 inches. I checked with OT2 and it confirms that I am on the weak side by quite a bit. The spine OT2 is telling me I need is about a 280 spine. I have a few CX Mutiny 350 arrows that I could try to cut down in length to see if I get any improvement. Is there anything else I can do besides getting new arrows? I really don't want to turn down the poundage any either. Thanks for any insight and help.
    07 LH Synergy 70#
    04 RH PSE Bruin (What got me into bowhunting)

  2. #2
    Senior Member Forked Horn 2lunger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    173

    Default

    I know you don't want to turn the poundage down, but before you start cutting arrows down, I would. Atleast you will know if stiffer arrows are what you need.

    I'm at 28" draw, 27 1/2" .400 spine arrows with 100 gr. tips @ 66# draw weight. BHs were 2" from FPs with no reaction from rest adjustments at 70#. Took it down about 3/4 of a turn and they started hitting the same. I primarily use this bow for spots so the drop in weight worked for me.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Six Point evworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Schuylkill County, Pa.
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cokepelli View Post
    Well, I just changed to 70# limbs on my 07 synergy and was out shooting it after getting it all tuned. Cams are in sync, draw length is 29, I just haven't measured draw weight yet. I was out shooting and it is shooting great. Slapping arrows group after group. I decide to shoot a broadhead(at 20 yards) and it hits 3" to the left, height is good though. I try a different broadhead same result. This is telling me my spine is weak as I am a Lefty shooter. I try to move my rest and the distance doesn't change. I moved the rest a little more but still no change. I am shooting Carbon Express maxima hunters 350 at 28.5 inches. I checked with OT2 and it confirms that I am on the weak side by quite a bit. The spine OT2 is telling me I need is about a 280 spine. I have a few CX Mutiny 350 arrows that I could try to cut down in length to see if I get any improvement. Is there anything else I can do besides getting new arrows? I really don't want to turn down the poundage any either. Thanks for any insight and help.
    Move your sight come hunting season....

  4. #4
    Senior Member Forked Horn 2lunger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evworld View Post
    Move your sight come hunting season....
    For some people, that works. For others, they want there bows tuned to perfection and require BHs and FPs to hit together. The OP and I seem to be the latter of the two.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Six Point evworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Schuylkill County, Pa.
    Posts
    474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2lunger View Post
    For some people, that works. For others, they want there bows tuned to perfection and require BHs and FPs to hit together. The OP and I seem to be the latter of the two.
    I understand that moving the sight is not the answer for everyone. I never used OT2 but 350 spinned arrow should work fine. I would look else where. Fletching contact, etc. I don't know of anyone that used a spine lower that 340.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Four Point
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Yeah I will try to lower the poundage today. If that works I will try to cut down a couple arrows that I have as spares. If that works then I will cut down my primary arrows. It just seems odd to me that I would need such a stiff spine.
    07 LH Synergy 70#
    04 RH PSE Bruin (What got me into bowhunting)

  7. #7
    Senior Member Four Point
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Turning down the poundage did not work...it actually got worse. It has to be something else. I am glad that we have good weather this year and I am starting early trying to get everything in tune. This is frustrating though.
    07 LH Synergy 70#
    04 RH PSE Bruin (What got me into bowhunting)

  8. #8
    Senior Member Six Point duda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Mays Landing
    Posts
    340

    Default

    Did you reset your center shot after tuning the poundage down
    Mathews Switchback XT
    2009 Elite GT500

  9. #9
    Senior Member Four Point
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by duda View Post
    Did you reset your center shot after tuning the poundage down
    No, I didn't think I would have had too. I wouldn't think that center shot would have to be changed.
    07 LH Synergy 70#
    04 RH PSE Bruin (What got me into bowhunting)

  10. #10
    Moderator Stag Maybee-R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    13,582

    Default

    Not sure what or how your doing this so Ill spit out my method and see if it helps.
    First thing I do if the broad head is left say 3 inches is slightly move the rest to the right and "resight in my field points to make sure they are hitting dead on.
    Second is check another broad head and see if the difference is closer. Usually is. then make another rest change if I have to.
    all this is assuming their isnt any contact issues. and proper spine or close is right. You can adjust some pretty off spines doing this. But chase your tail off by not starting with POI dead on each time with field points again.
    If Im inside too far with center shot. Ill stiffen spine if Im out side too far weaken. unless its a fight then Ill shim the cams to help. But most times tweaking the spine or rest will get where I need it. JMO!
    OT2 I use for reference only. Because most times it sets me up too stiff. I think its related to my draw length.
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •