Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why is it?

Respected Member Ten Point

Default Why is it?

I can't help but wonder why everybody is flipping out about the latest news from Elite.

First off if you are worried about resale value....Then what if the consensus is that the new bows aren't as good as before the change? Then maybe your resale value goes up right?

Second NEWER = BETTER .....says who? You guys are apparently just buying bows because they are the newest ones available.

If you feel like its last years bow, then I am sorry you feel that way, but grow up!

There a few groups of people I am seeing here:

Group #1 - Guys who can't wait to order a new Elite bow.
    Group #2A - Guys who are awaiting an Elite bow, and now are going to get something other than they wanted and are pumped up about it!
    Group #2B - Guys who are awaiting an Elite bow, and now are going to get something other than they wanted and are not happy because they liked what the ordered.
    Group #3 - Guys who just got their GTO's and are upset because they got slighted even though 2 freakin' days ago they were jumping up and down, posting pictures of their most prized posession in the world! But they got screwed?
    Group #4 - There are guys who don't care one way or the other

I understand people anxiety, and people's frustrations, but if you ordered a GTO, and you got it.....Then you got what you paid for.

If you ordered a GTO and didn't get it, and have been converted to the GT500 order, then I promise you Elite will have to return any payment made to them or that you paid your dealer.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag archer1983's Avatar

HVAC- Iam 2B...

I was told to wait another couple of weeks for this "new" release. I wanted what I had ordered and thats what I got. No regrets on my end whatsoever.

I'm happier than a fat rat in a Cheetos factory.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag vhunter's Avatar

I keep going back and forth between 2a and 2b.
    -- that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain -- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by archer1983 View Post
    HVAC- Iam 2B...

I was told to wait another couple of weeks for this "new" release. I wanted what I had ordered and thats what I got. No regrets on my end whatsoever.

I'm happier than a fat rat in a Cheetos factory.
    Me too. I am happy with the GTO, I wouldn't trade it for a GT500 if they asked me if I wanted to. It feels and looks great. No need to "upgrade", at least not yet anyways.

Respected Member Ten Point tnarb's Avatar

I don't understand paying for something that was just a "bridge" product line. The thing that bothers me is that Elite didn't give the ones on order a choice. Then they are the same price. HUH? Again there is usually a price difference when there is a model change, right. If you were buying a car, and it was a 2008, and the dealer says we can sell you a 2008 or a better new designed 2009 model they are the same price. Which would you want? Again humm, I might consider the 2008, but I am thinking there should probably be some sort of price difference there. I am sure they didn't design the cam in one day, and put it out there. When the first GTO's and Fire's hit the dealers, I am certain this was on the boards. A new product line just doesn't happen without a lot of time put into it. If you had one on order, and you are getting the new model, you are on the upside of the fence.....where was the cut off? When was the cut-off? Then the frustrations some of us had with bad strings. Now please don't get me wrong with what I am saying about customer sercvice. I just feel duped.
    Last edited by tnarb; 05-10-2008 at 12:54 PM.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag tim doll's Avatar

I'm with Hvac, even though I haven't shot my gto yet,, i am pumped about it and wouldnt trade it.
    Elite Ninja GTO 70# 28.5 dl 412 grain Victory Arrow 303fps.
    Special thanks to::Joe Jacks,Jerry,Jim Posten,Proline strings,JCMorgan,BoCoMo,Git-A-Grip via Bloodtrail,and last but not least Tough Antler Tees all you guys are terrific.
    http://www.tightspotquiver.com/ http://www.jimposten.com/index.html
    http://www.southshorearcherysupply.com/
    http://www.gitagrip.com/ http://www.cafepress.com/toughantlertees

Quote Originally Posted by tim doll View Post
    I'm with Hvac, even though I haven't shot my gto yet,, i am pumped about it and wouldnt trade it.
    You haven't shot it yet? What the heck is wrong with you? I had mine for like almost 2 days before I shot mine for the first time. I changed strings and stuff, but my life is soo busy right now.

Respected Member Ten Point cbarber's Avatar

anybody that got a gto should have nothing to complain about. that is what you ordered. that is what you got. i feel bad for the guys that ordered gto's and will be getting gt500 instead of a gto if that is what they wanted.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag archer1983's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cbarber View Post
    anybody that got a gto should have nothing to complain about. that is what you ordered. that is what you got. i feel bad for the guys that ordered gto's and will be getting gt500 instead of a gto if that is what they wanted.
    I think people are just upset about resale value and the lack of information from the dealers. Most anticipated a release in October or November.

Respected Member Ten Point tnarb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by archer1983 View Post
    I think people are just upset about resale value and the lack of information from the dealers. Most anticipated a release in October or November.
    WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!