Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Tell me about the Pulse......

  1. #11
    Member Fawn Tanner Mann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Neenah, WI
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Great bow but the draw cycle is quite a bit stiffer than say the Answer's. I also noticed a good bit of hand shock when I shot it at a shop with a stabilizer on. The valley and let-off of this bow is unlike anything I've ever experienced, it blew my mind.
    2012 Answer AP Snow #70
    Stokerized Edge AP Snow
    Trophy Ridge Hitman 3

  2. #12
    Respected Member Ten Point Stag nicko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,312

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner Mann View Post
    Great bow but the draw cycle is quite a bit stiffer than say the Answer's. I also noticed a good bit of hand shock when I shot it at a shop with a stabilizer on. The valley and let-off of this bow is unlike anything I've ever experienced, it blew my mind.
    The bow you shot must have been out of tune. My Pulse has little to no hand shock and whatever it has is definitely less than my GT500.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Forked Horn ozzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicko View Post
    The bow you shot must have been out of tune. My Pulse has little to no hand shock and whatever it has is definitely less than my GT500.
    I agree with Tanner Mann.

    Pulse does have some shock, I even had the 7 1/4 Elite stab on mine. Just keeping it real.

    That said, I have an Answer with speed mods coming.

    Can anyone compare the draw of the Pulse to the draw of the Answer with speed mods? Speeds should be close.

  4. #14
    Member Spike Claydoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Omaha
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ozzz View Post
    I agree with Tanner Mann.

    Pulse does have some shock, I even had the 7 1/4 Elite stab on mine. Just keeping it real.

    That said, I have an Answer with speed mods coming.

    Can anyone compare the draw of the Pulse to the draw of the Answer with speed mods? Speeds should be close.
    I thought the Answer with speeds was stiffer. I just picked up a Pulse last night. Not sure if I am hunting or 3D'ing with it.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Forked Horn ozzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Claydoh View Post
    I thought the Answer with speeds was stiffer. I just picked up a Pulse last night. Not sure if I am hunting or 3D'ing with it.
    Im kind of thinking it will be at least a little stiffer. Makes sense since it is almost the same speed with an additional inch of BH.

  6. #16
    P.Smash
    Guest

    Default

    The Pulse is the easiest drawing 340+ IBO bow I've ever drawn. Smoove as butta

  7. #17
    Senior Member Eight Point Jbehredt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Answer with speeds is stiffer. I held of on my purchase until I could shoot a speed answer. Two arrows later I ordered my pulse.

  8. #18
    Member Spike Bearpaw_Keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MT
    Posts
    63

    Default

    I actually had my mind set on buying a Answer until I shot the Pulse. The beginning of the draw cycle on the Answer felt a little stiffer to me. Both the Answer and the Pulse were set a 65lbs. In simple terms, the Pulse just felt easier to draw back and of course the valley was awesome on both bows.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Forked Horn ozzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Here is on thing I noticed about the Elite valley.

    Obviously it is super deep and gives you that "did it lock up" feeling and feels like you have to push it down. This is really great for holding at full draw especially with their over 80 letoff.

    I have found that when you do get it to go down, it ends up going harder because you had to let up so much tension in your muscles that when it does go it kind of takes off harder. This is why Im thinking I might be OK with the speed mods.

    Make sense?

  10. #20
    Senior Member Eight Point Jbehredt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    768

    Default

    Makes perfect sense. I set my draw stops about 1/3 in for that very reason. All the way out it literally feels like you have to push the string. When it finally goes it GOES.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •