Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Elite warranty service

Senior Member Forked Horn

Quote Originally Posted by Perry24 View Post
    First, it is not a 20 minute job. They have to unpack the bow, determine who is from and what needs to be done, and write up a work order. Then the actually work needs to be done which means removing the limbs and cams, polishing or replacing the cams, putting the string and cables on, and then tune the bow. Once that is done, then the paperwork needs finalized, the bow re-packed and labeled, and then it is shipped to you. I'm not positive that is Elite's exact process, but I'm sure it is similar. Plus, your bow is not the only one there. From start to finish, it probably takes and 1.5 to 2 hrs for this to happen. It also sounds like Dick is the only one doing this stuff plus his other work duties. Is 2 weeks at Elite too long? Maybe, but you knew that up front, it isn't hunting season, and you have a backup bow.

Now, if the bow comes back and it isn't up to par, then you have a legitimate gripe!
    I did not mean for this to sound like I am totally dissatisfied with the 2 week turn around, just that I thought there was room for improvement. Possibly if things get backed up they could have someone give Dick a hand to get caught up.

Senior Member Eight Point

Bigger issue is why the bow was sent out to be sold from elite with those original flaws....hopefully they correct the problem. BTW I don't think the two week wait ( so far) is that bad... However if it stretched much longer i
    would say its an issue..

Respected Member Ten Point Stag HORSEMOVER's Avatar

Shoot your GT and be happy. You would still be trying to contact most manufacturers at two weeks in...just saying.
    RIP CENSY...IT WAS A HECK OF A RIDE BROTHER

I am the Brumby Whisperer

优秀射箭胜过炒猪肉大米

Senior Member Forked Horn cleggy's Avatar

I sent my Answer in to be done in February. It had obvious finish issues on the limbs and cam posts that had started to shred the cable ends. They had it almost a month. When it came back; there was a note in the box from Dick telling me what he had done. New Limbs, cams and strings/cables. It was also perfectly timed and now shoots lights out. At the time I sent it in, there were 7 bows ahead of me. I have several other bows so didn't mind the wait; especially seeing as my bow is now darn near perfect!

Is a month in house reasonable ? I guess so !! Not going to win this argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by cleggy View Post
    I sent my Answer in to be done in February. It had obvious finish issues on the limbs and cam posts that had started to shred the cable ends. They had it almost a month. When it came back; there was a note in the box from Dick telling me what he had done. New Limbs, cams and strings/cables. It was also perfectly timed and now shoots lights out. At the time I sent it in, there were 7 bows ahead of me. I have several other bows so didn't mind the wait; especially seeing as my bow is now darn near perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by bowtech dually View Post
    Is a month in house reasonable ? I guess so !! Not going to win this argument.
    Hopefully when you get your bow back you will be as happy as cleggy is with his. I do know that the few times I have called cs I have been very happy. I have never sent a bow for repairs, but I have confidence that they will take care of me even if it's past 2 weeks.
    "Aim small miss small"

2013 Pure 70lb Blk/Max1 Limbs
    2012 Pure 70lb Blk/ 2013 Black AP Limbs

CBE Tek Hybrid 5 pin sight
    Exxus Core, Exxus, SX-2, Silverhorn Releases
    Solids, DRT's, Deep six, axis and DCA Hunters 300
    Past Elites
    2008 XXL
    2010XLR
    2010 GT500
    2011 Pure AP
    2011 Pure Max1

Banned Stag

Id of taken it back to the dealers and demand one that does not have factory flaws. The part that concerns me is the "call back a day or two later". I have hung onto my GT in part for the hunt guarantee. If they dont call back for a day or two and I need the guarantee to get a warranty bow in the mail THAT day......well.

Junior Member Fawn

Im in the same boat I sent my answer in on march 16 for the same issue, the strings and cables were getting shredded, I want the thing back so i can shoot it with the nice weather we are having sounds like i will have to wait awhile

Respected Member Ten Point mfr22@msn.com's Avatar

If they tell you up front 2 weeks and you get the bow back in 2 weeks, or even 15 or 16 days, then there is no problem. If they tell you 2 weeks and it is more then 15 or 16 days, then they should call you with an explanation, or yes, I'd call it unreasonable. Is there room to improve? Of course there is, nothing is ever perfect!
    2008.5 XLR
    2010 Z28
    2011 Pure
    2011 Tour

The problem with the Answers was due to poor quality control, certainly no fault of the purchasers. For the most part these are brand new bows being returned for service, under those conditions I feel an extra effort should be made towards a quick turn around.