Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Elite warranty service

Respected Member Ten Point pbuck's Avatar

I have two pairs of limbs, one black, one AP camo with the old logo and both pairs have some light lines in them. I also have pr. of new black limbs on my Answer that are very smooth and also a set of old logo Max1 limbs that are smooth. When i first received my Answer the limbs on it were way worse than either of the older pair so I sent them in and Kerrianne told me the exact same thing Dick told you. She couldn't guarantee the replacement limbs would be perfect. Luckily, the replacements were much better. The fact that two prs. Of older limbs have light lines tells me this is something that's just part of the process and not something that recently became an issue and that some limbs are just a little better than others as far as finish goes. I have to wonder that if there wasn't all the hoopla in the beginning about finish and lines in the limbs that you would have even paid attention to the lines that are in there now? Not bashing just a question. The older set of limbs on my Z28 have lines and I wouldn't even think to send them back. It's just not that bad of an issue to me and frankly, if the Answer didn't have the problems at the beginning, I would have never even noticed the limbs on the Z.
    E35 Max 1
    2010 Z28 Max 1
    Target rig...To Be Announced

Respected Member Ten Point Stag deerct101's Avatar

I have three bows, 9 GT, 11 Hunter and Pulse zero lines on limbs.
    LH Energy 35
    LH GT500
    LH Judge

Member Spike

Seems odd, if they are getting complaints and bows being returned for this issue you'd think they'd either make Barnsdale improve their quality control, or find a new process/method to coat their limbs because you don't see this problem in other bow company limbs that I've seen. If powder coating is that problematic, find another process. Especially since looking at older posts it seems they've also had problems with the thickness of the powder coating on their limbs causing problems as well. Then again I guess bowtech can't get their paint to stick to their limbs so who knows My 11' Pure has lines in the black limbs, but they are really light and to me they don't matter, but if I saw a bunch of other Elite bows with perfect limbs it might bother me more.

I remember Barnesdale being top of the line premium custom limbs, sure seems like that has changed with the number of limb replacements for one reason or another we keep hearing about with Elite bows, and now a large variation in finish quality, either that or Barnesdale isn't keeping their quality control as high on these mass produced limbs for elite as their custom stuff.

Senior Member Forked Horn

Just got off the phone with Maggie, she was very helpful. very impressed she is still working at 7:00 pm

Senior Member Forked Horn Rutnstrut's Avatar

Maybe both Elite and Barnsdale are spreading themselves a little thin and need to open up the wallet and hire some help. Past reputation of making a high quality product only covers your butt for so long if you start putting out poor quality.

Senior Member Forked Horn

Was not going to reply any further but since there has been action on this thread I will provide you with the latest. Maggie from Elite sent a prepaid shipping label for me to return the bow to Elite, Elite received the bow and shortly after I received a call from Garrett. Garret said that yes he could see the lines in the limb but felt that the lines were not that bad and it would take time to find a better set which could mean they may have to hold the bow for some time, he further said he would rate these as Grade A limbs ? He siad he would go to the other location and look for a better set but could not guarantee finding one. I asked that he make the effort to find a set without the lines and if no such set exists I guess I would have to accept the bow back as is. Now I will be the first to say the lines are not offensive due to the camo finish but they are improperly finished and should not be there, for those that asked for photos, it would be difficult for me to show the lines in a photograph but if you hold the bow up looking from the limb bolt down towards the cam you can see approx 3 or 4 raised lines approx 1/8" wide that run the length of the limb under the finish. I will let you know how the bow comes back, I should be getting it shortly. Elite has been known in the past for itd flawless finish, it seems they may have relaxed that a bit to keep up with production. Either way when the bow comes back its getting set up and shot.