Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I bought a lemon and now need some help.

Junior Member Fawn

Default I bought a lemon and now need some help.

My son just turned 15 and wanted to get into archery and for his birthday we got him a new bow, So I then wanted to get back into shooting. It has been 12 years since i had a bow, so I did some research looked around and found a nice Elite Z-28 ready to go. My bad, I bought it used because I could not afford a new elite bow. it was all set up sights and rest, I took bow in to local shop to get a d loop and found out both cams were bent and top limb is cracked. I can guess how it happened but don't want to think about it. Any way I spent $400 on a bow that is pretty much good for a paper weight. Does anybody have any cams, limbs that are good that they can sell cheap? Can anyone help me out or tell what should I do. There is a 3-d shoot my son and I want to go to in May and hope I can get it fixed by then. Thanks for any advice or help

Senior Member Four Point

Not sure if the warranty will still apply on an apparent dryfire or not. I would talk with customer service first before doing anything else.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Respected Member Ten Point Stag DustyRx's Avatar

I would be talking to the person I bought it from! Did you buy online?

Respected Member Ten Point Stag archer58inPA's Avatar

If you bought the bow on E bay or AT you can get your money back.
    Don't let it slide. $400.00 is $400.00!!!
    2014 E32
    2011 PULSE AP
    TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
    Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.

Junior Member Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by DustyRx View Post
    I would be talking to the person I bought it from! Did you buy online?
    wish i could it was a local ad and guess he does not want to answer phone now, I am bummed I'm sure he knew what was up, I was just so excited when i saw it, I bought it and ran over to shoot it with no luck !!

Respected Member Ten Point pbuck's Avatar

Yeah don't drop that as lesson learned. I'd be doing whatever you can to get the money back.
    E35 Max 1
    2010 Z28 Max 1
    Target rig...To Be Announced

Respected Member Ten Point Stag wassaw's Avatar

sorry for the delete

I have a set of 6 layer Barnsdale limbs, 135 deflection (60lb on a Z)(fall leaf camo) that will get you started back to having a Great bow.

check the axles also. roll those on a piece of glass and listen for a thunk thunk sound. ( or not rolling smoothly)
    Abstracted Member of the TEXAS BOYS

Quote Originally Posted by semjam View Post
    My son just turned 15 and wanted to get into archery and for his birthday we got him a new bow, So I then wanted to get back into shooting. It has been 12 years since i had a bow, so I did some research looked around and found a nice Elite Z-28 ready to go. My bad, I bought it used because I could not afford a new elite bow. it was all set up sights and rest, I took bow in to local shop to get a d loop and found out both cams were bent and top limb is cracked. I can guess how it happened but don't want to think about it. Any way I spent $400 on a bow that is pretty much good for a paper weight. Does anybody have any cams, limbs that are good that they can sell cheap? Can anyone help me out or tell what should I do. There is a 3-d shoot my son and I want to go to in May and hope I can get it fixed by then. Thanks for any advice or help
    Number 7 cams and its an 08z? I got a call the other day.. almost the same story. you from Washington?
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Junior Member Fawn

Yes I am from WA, John at R&H is a great guy and has been trying to help me get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by semjam View Post
    Yes I am from WA, John at R&H is a great guy and has been trying to help me get it fixed.
    Thought so. He called me and I dont have what you need. but call elite if you can tomorrow. they are not crazy on rev cams. limbs you might find in the classifieds. maybe cams too.
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.