Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cable serving separation on new Tour

Junior Member Fawn

Default Cable serving separation on new Tour

I got my tour 4 weeks ago, and since than I shot about 600 arrows, 2 trainings and two competitions. On the last competition I noticed that cable serving separated on both top and bottom cam. What do you think I should do? My first idea was to continue shooting it, and that is confirmed in Kevin post from 2008, http://www.elitearchery.com/forums/s...-strings/page3 posts 28 and 30, which I found on the forum, but on the other side, Murphy never sleeps.

Here are the pics.
    P1000260.jpgP1000262.jpg

Elite and dealer I bought it from are to far away over the pond, so shipping bow back for service is out of the question, and anyway, Elite doesn't warranty strings.

I am thinking of reserving, but with serving materials I have this will happen again. Other solution is to order new strings, maybe Winnerschoice out of 452X. Outdoor target season is starting on Sunday, and I will be shooting 600-800 arrows weekly.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag deerct101's Avatar

This happened twice on my Hunter, I had it fixed and was told as long as string isn't frayed or broken to keep shooting it.
    LH Energy 35
    LH GT500
    LH Judge

Respected Member Ten Point

Get yourself a set of GOOD custom strings and you will not have this problem.

Respected Member Ten Point mfr22@msn.com's Avatar

I don't think it is a "quit shooting" issue, but I'd deffinately be ordering up some new strings!
    2008.5 XLR
    2010 Z28
    2011 Pure
    2011 Tour

Senior Member Eight Point Jbehredt's Avatar

My pulse did it too. Almost identical. Figured ehh factory strings always leave something to be desired. Ordered some Jeremy's customs. The set I have on my Hoyt still look first shot fresh.

Senior Member Six Point gt500elitist's Avatar

This is just a crappy serving job on your end loops. There does not appear to be any wear issues so I would continue to shoot it with no worries. I would order up a new set and replace them. Get the old ones reserved and keep them as a back up.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Junior Member Fawn

If you reserve yourself just crank the halo down a little tighter than the stock set.
    Have a great day!
    Korbin's Strings
    www.korbinsarchery.com

Junior Member Fawn

Korbin, thank you very much for the advice. I will send you PM for other things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgarbarino View Post
    Get yourself a set of GOOD custom strings and you will not have this problem.
    Said this myself a few times on here. My Pulse, Answer and wifes Hunter did the samething. I really wish Elite would get away from whoever is build there strings. A guy I shoot with has a 2011 Pulse with no string issues what so ever.
    2012 Pulse 28/60
    Spot Hogg Hogg-it

Member Spike

I would not "panic" over that, it's just a poor serving job. That said I would order a good set of quality custom strings and replace them when they come in, I'd feel safe shooting it like it is until they do.

Sadly just another example of how even these days with top of the line materials factory strings across the manufacturers all are sub par. It's sad when you spend that much money for a bow and you have to trash can the strings before you even start and spend $75-100 for a new quality set.