Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stabilizer weight

Member Fawn

Default Stabilizer weight

I have an elite hunter , just purchased an 8.5" bstinger on archery talk . It has a 21 ounce weight on it .. My question is did I make a mistake? Is this too much weight for hunting ?

Member Fawn

Mistake on my end it's an 11 oz weight

I use a 9.75" with about 12 ozs of weight and it works great! Its not a B stinger, but the weight is at the end and works similar. To each his own, but I like my stab, it actually stabilizes the bow. In the past I've only used "stabilizers" to deaden vibration, but my elite is so dead in hand I can actually us it to stabilize my shot. Shoot it and see what you think, but give it some "getting used to" time, if you've never shot that long of a stab, it will be a little different at first.
    2012 Answer, Armortech hd 5 pin sight, qad hdx rest, 7" elite stabilizer, tight spot quiver,easton flatline d.o.a. 27.25"( 389.12 grains), montec 125 grain

Member Fawn

Ok thanks. Ive been shooting the hunter since jan without a stab , recently threw a dinky 4 in on it but def feel like I'm way to shaky with this bow . I've been archery hunting for 12 years and honestly can say this bow is bad to the bone just a little different in a lot of aspects. Over 20 yards I'm close but the longer stab should be a huge help. Thanks for the reply appreciate the input .

Member Fawn

Ok everyone I gave this stabilizer a chance and the 11oz weight is waaaaaaay to much weight for my hunter and myself. Any suggestions? I'm going to drill some holes around it to try and lighten it up .

Senior Member Eight Point Pulse76's Avatar

Not sure if I would drill holes in it. I don't shoot a B Stinger, so I'm unfamiliar with the products. Have you contacted B Stinger to see if the weights can be changed? Worse case, I would try to trade with someone for a lighter stab. You may not like the 11oz, but someone else might have an 8 oz one they want to trade for a heavier stab. Just wouldn't want to see you ruin a nice stab if you can avoid it.

Bill
    2011 Pulse, AT/AP, 29.5"/72lbs
    HHA DS-5519, QAD HDX, Stokerized 10" Hunter
    GT Velocity XT arrows , G5 Magloc Compact Quiver

Member Fawn

The weight screws off the end of the rod , I contacted b stinger the guy said drilling to shed the weight is a good idea so I figured it can't hurt . I appreciate the reply.

Senior Member Eight Point Pulse76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sammusi View Post
    The weight screws off the end of the rod , I contacted b stinger the guy said drilling to shed the weight is a good idea so I figured it can't hurt . I appreciate the reply.
    I'd give it a shot then. At least you should be able to buy a replacement weight if you don't like the way it turns out. Good Luck!!

Member Fawn

Ya that's what I figured it looks like a guy on eBay has the weights in 1 ounce increments so I may give that a try if this doesnt work out .

Respected Member Ten Point Ray Ray's Avatar

If drilling the weight, it's stainless steel. Use a sharp drill & slow speed (around 30 -40 surface feet).
    Life should be measured by how many selfless acts of kindness someone does to positively influence somebody else's life.

Gt500,Bodoodle,Bstinger,
    Easton fatboys, 28" DL, 53lbs