Thread: HELP!!! Tuning problem Answer

Senior Member Eight Point cicero's Avatar

Default HELP!!! Tuning problem Answer

I have a 2012 Answer. The bow is a 60lb maxing at 62.54lbs. Draw is spot on and so are the specs. I finally have been able to shoot this bow some outside and was noticing that at past 30 yards I was getting some erratic arrow flight. I have the bow set up with a QAD HDX, shooting Beman Speed's with Razyr feathers. Took the bow inside and tried to paper tune it and was getting a 3 inch right tear with the center shot at 7/8 and all around. Only time I got a good hole was when I moved the rest way out. I have played with the cable guard. Had a Winners choice slide on it, changed it back to stock. Also thought that I might be pushing the grip, so I took the one piece off and re-installed side plates. If anyone has any ideas, please feel free to chime in.

Thanks in advance!!!
    2011Elite Pure- AT/Snow 29/70-Custom Strings-QC Ranger w/CBE scope, Limbdriver, Stokerized Stab

2006 E-500 All Rev'd Up!! Predator camo, custom strings by hartofthethumb, Axcel Pro, Limbdriver, matching Stokerized SS1!!!

2012 Answer 29/60 QAD HDX, Axcel Pro, Stokerized!!!!
    ******Manchester Outdoors!!! ELITE, STOKERIZED, CBE, SCOTT, VAPOR TRAIL, & other accessories******

Bounce back from the rest? Check the rests timing and make sure no contact first.
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.

Thanks!! Yeah, haven't been a fan of the QAD's but I took it off a bow I traded for. Gonna take the rest off next and see what happens. Just wanted to get some ideas so that when i change that if it doesn't fix it can do something else.
    2011Elite Pure- AT/Snow 29/70-Custom Strings-QC Ranger w/CBE scope, Limbdriver, Stokerized Stab

2006 E-500 All Rev'd Up!! Predator camo, custom strings by hartofthethumb, Axcel Pro, Limbdriver, matching Stokerized SS1!!!

******Manchester Outdoors!!! ELITE, STOKERIZED, CBE, SCOTT, VAPOR TRAIL, & other accessories******

Respected Member Ten Point bfoot's Avatar

Put a limb driver on it, physically unable to bounce. Also, spray some foot powder on the riser where the launcher arm is. After shooting if any contact, you will see a mark in the powder. Is the rest aligned with the berger holes or lower?
    15 Elites - 1 GTO, 3 E-500s, 1 Synergy, 2 SynXTs, 4 Envys, a 2008.5 Z28, 2 2008.5 GT500, a Aigil, Impulse
    2 K&K Vengeance , 2011 PSE Axe 6, 2011 Hoyt Carbon Element, Four Tributes and one Allegiance

Frankenbow Freak

Have limbdriver's on all my other bows. It is center of berger holes. QAD is coming up in final inch of draw like supposed to. Something has to be hitting for this to happen. Wouldn't have figured with feathers that it would show like this. At least my E-500 is shooting great for turkey season. Was hoping to shoot my Answer, but will have to get it dialed in before I take it to the woods.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag BlindBuck's Avatar

I agree with Rick you almost have to have bounce back. Stick one of your LDs on the bow to test it. Shouldn't take but a few minutes to find out.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag archer58inPA's Avatar

Did the LD fix the problem?
    2014 E32
    2011 PULSE AP
    TUNER OF BOWS BY LONG DISTANCE
    Member of the JURY MEMBER OF THE LEFTY BROTHERHOOD

"If it ain't broke , I can MAKE it better".
    Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking.