Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: A GREAT post from Kevin

The market for the GTO is still there. People who have to have the latest will want the new models. The GTO is a great bow, new models cannot change that. Current GTO owners now have a limited edition bow, or they have an old model, it all depends on your point of view. I am happy to own 2 GTO's and an XXL. I will certainly shoot the newer model's, and then decide what I choose to own. Meanwhile I will continue to shoot a smokin fast accurate GTO.
    To thine own self be true
    GTOGTO #2

TEAM SNAFU

Senior Member Eight Point nstrut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N.E.D View Post
    Yes it is a process, but we dealers need open and honest detailed communication, which we have not gotten before the fact. My bank account got hit for nearly 6K in the last 10 days for discontinued bows. This has put my shop in a very bad situation and I need real answers about exactly what "working with dealers mean" .I was shipped 7 bows all year long, but I got 10 GTO's since 4/28?? I need answers now. They didn't wait to take my 6k. They didn't wait to ship me 10 discontinued bows, and they shouldn't wait to let the dealers know what the heck is going on.
    It's hard to argue with this. In fact,the way this all seems to be going down so far it sure does look like it could have been handled better. Some better communication to all of us, especially the dealers would have been great.

Now, with that said, let's not jump the gun here. Like I've said before, there are those that are stuck in the middle on this. Let's see how Elite handles this situation first before starting to jump to conclusions.

Everyone at Elite reads these forums. They know the issues. Let's take it one step at a time.
    ELITE NINJA GT500 - 80lb Crackerized
    2008 ELITE AIGIL - 70lb

Senior Member Forked Horn Fly Low's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nstrut View Post
    It's hard to argue with this. In fact,the way this all seems to be going down so far it sure does look like it could have been handled better. Some better communication to all of us, especially the dealers would have been great.

Now, with that said, let's not jump the gun here. Like I've said before, there are those that are stuck in the middle on this. Let's see how Elite handles this situation first before starting to jump to conclusions.

Everyone at Elite reads these forums. They know the issues. Let's take it one step at a time.
    Good post nstrut. While I do feel bad for the dealers, I am on the fence personally. I have had my GTO for a little over a week now. In a way I feel that I was taken advantage of, but I can see Elites side of things too and they were looking out for their best interest as a whole. I do like my GTO and that will not change. Will I like the new bows more... I don't know and there are no dealers in this area so I may never know. I do like the fact that the GTO's draw can be changed with modules and I believe this will always be a good selling point for it. Not to mention the GTO is still as fast once tuned.
    Crackerized Ninja GTO
    70/30 IBO with loaded string 347fps
    435 gr Maxima Hunter 314fps

Senior Member Six Point LHpuncher's Avatar

I still like my gto and it is still shooting tight groups, I will be getting a new version of the xl for indoor this winter but will keep shooting the GTO this summer for 3d. It only makes sense to move forward instead of sitting in court casue of a technicallity.

I wish they still could produce the GTO but they aren't going to. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

Senior Member Six Point PointnDog's Avatar

I am kinda on the fence here. I am definatley a little disappointed in hearing this. I have been out of town and was even at Crackers Friday and didn't know this was going on about the GTO. I do kinda feel cheated now that I have had this bow a couple months and it is no longer available already. Really don't know what to think at the moment kinda dejected.........
    Ninja E35 X2

OSMG PROSTAFF - MOSSY OAK PROSTAFF-MO

is this AT? the bar at the top of my screen says elitearchery.com/forums, but everyone whining on here is 10 fold worse than AT, wondering why I even joined on here? Some of you guys that feel that you got cheated(excluding dealers, but your bows will sell) need to grow up
    I work in the oilfield, and if you think this move by ELITE was cutthroat, you guys have been living under a rock!

PS-dealers with "old" bows pm me
    Elite Z28 Ninja
    Mathews DXT

It seems to me that it's a matter of perspective. Before this anouncement it seemed like there was a great demand for GTOs. If I were a dealer I might consider raising the price on any GTOs I had left because the supply is gone and anybody that knows anything about economics knows that price is determined by supply and demand. If someone wants a new GTO they better get it right now or they never will.
    God is good.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Elite@Last's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ndxt View Post
    is this AT? the bar at the top of my screen says elitearchery.com/forums, but everyone whining on here is 10 fold worse than AT, wondering why I even joined on here? Some of you guys that feel that you got cheated(excluding dealers, but your bows will sell) need to grow up
    I work in the oilfield, and if you think this move by ELITE was cutthroat, you guys have been living under a rock!

PS-dealers with "old" bows pm me
    well at least i'm not the only one....

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Tough Antler Tees's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wood View Post
    It seems to me that it's a matter of perspective. Before this anouncement it seemed like there was a great demand for GTOs. If I were a dealer I might consider raising the price on any GTOs I had left because the supply is gone and anybody that knows anything about economics knows that price is determined by supply and demand. If someone wants a new GTO they better get it right now or they never will.
    My sentiments exactly. The GTO is one of the best bows on the market & now that the supply has stopped people will want one before their all gone. No matter how well the GT500 performs the GTO is still hard to beat!
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Tough Antler Tees Custom T-shirts, Hoodies, Camo, & Hats
    +++ My IBO speed for shipping is 390-400 FPS!
    New Revamped Website coming soon!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

That is why 08 car models are priced higher than 09, LOL

I agree the dealers are getting short end of the stick