Thread: CBE 2012 Tek-Hunter XL Sight

Respected Member Ten Point Stag nicko's Avatar

Default CBE 2012 Tek-Hunter XL Sight

Does anybody have this sight? If so, what are your thoughts on it? I'm thinking about upgrading my sight.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag jjbuilder's Avatar

There's quite a few of us using them around here. Love mine and it's built like a tank.

Respected Member Ten Point Perry24's Avatar

The sight body is great, the multi-pin head is not so great. I had a TEK Hunter and replaced the multi-pin head with a scope. The pins always looked uneven to me because of how they were offset. Also, the fiber optic extension set up is pathetic. It clearly was an after thought. Even after replacing the factory fiber optics, the pins were dim. I hope Elite's ownership of CBE/Scott leads to a redesigned multi-pin head for the TEK and Sniper series.
    Hoyt Spyder 34
    LimbDriver Pro, MBG Ascent single pin, BE Carnivore 340

Respected Member Ten Point Stag nicko's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Perry24 View Post
    The sight body is great, the multi-pin head is not so great. I had a TEK Hunter and replaced the multi-pin head with a scope. The pins always looked uneven to me because of how they were offset. Also, the fiber optic extension set up is pathetic. It clearly was an after thought. Even after replacing the factory fiber optics, the pins were dim. I hope Elite's ownership of CBE/Scott leads to a redesigned multi-pin head for the TEK and Sniper series.

Not exactly the rousing endorsement I was looking for but good to know. I don't like the idea of dropping that much on a sight and having to upgrade parts of it. And if there's one thing that I don't want in any sight based on my own experiences, it is uneven or offset pins. It's disappointing to hear the pins may be dim and not as bright as they could be.

Senior Member Four Point Hoosier Bowman's Avatar

If you are looking for a one-pin sight, get the Tek Hunter with a single pin scope. Friggin' awesome.... I do agree that the multi-pin housings on the Tek sights suck, however I shoot single pins anyway, so it does not really matter....
    Furr: ---- GT500 AP 28/63
    Foam: --- XLR Ninja 28/63
    Paper: --- XLR Ninja 28/55

Easton/Bohning/G5/Magnus/Scott/Doinker/Vaportrail/CBE/HHA

Respected Member Ten Point

I was strictly a spott Hogg hunter shooter. I recently got a tek hunter XL with the large single pin scope with a rhino pin. I can tell you this, I've sold all my spott hoggs. The CBE is an awesome sight if you want single pin and my accuracy noticeably increased with the single pin. If you want to stick with multiple pins then I'd suggest spott Hogg hunters.