Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Poison Ivy, again!

Respected Member Ten Point Stag

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I can crawl through that stuff all day and nothing happens. Guess I am a lucky one.
    I used to be that way until the day that I wasn't....now if I am in the same county I seem to pick it up.

Respected Member Ten Point benel3006's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ntypicl11 View Post
    Lucky for me, my seatbelt kept me in the car when some jack*ss took my parking spot! Lucky for me cuz there were about 5 really big guys that got out. WHEW!!!
    So seat belts really do save lives and prevent injuries.

Bambi Stag

Yes they do!!! I flung my door open like I was the incredible hulk! There I was, hangin out the door like a dog when he comes to the end of his leash.

Senior Member Six Point Button Buck's Avatar

I've already been to the Dr twice this spring buddy. Prednisone helps me lots, but makes me hateful as heck!!! No over the counter stuff works for me.
    Last edited by Button Buck; 04-20-2012 at 07:54 AM.

09 Z28 27.5" 60# (Maybee-R tuned)
    09 GT500 (with 2010 cams)27.5" 60#

Bambi Stag

Quote Originally Posted by Button Buck View Post
    I've already been to the Dr twice this spring buddy. Prednisone helps me lots, but makes me hateful as heck!!! No over the counter stuff works for me.

I (ALMOST) hated my iPhone this morning! I lightly tapped it on the counter, and my wife blew a cork! She isn't even taking it. Will her mood swings stop if I stop taking it??? Just kidding!!! I just took my second dose this morning, didn't sleep well, so.........
    Now I've got mood swings, a half swollen shut eye thats also weeping yellow crap, itch all over, and terrible heartburn, and I'm tired as F! Funny thing is, when the doc said he was putting me on prednisone, I asked, thats a steroid right? He said in his broken english voice, res, it is!! I looked at all 5 feet of him and said jokingly, it isn't gonna make my wenis any smaller , is it! He da*n near fell on the floor laughing.

Let me back up, he's pretty cool! he walked in the room and asked what he could help me with. I said poison ivy again. He looked at me and said, that SH!T is out already??

Senior Member Six Point Button Buck's Avatar

The cool thing about that medicine is that you also have no remorse for the way you treat everyone until weeks later.

09 Z28 27.5" 60# (Maybee-R tuned)
    09 GT500 (with 2010 cams)27.5" 60#

Senior Member Eight Point Pulse76's Avatar

I feel your pain. We had a huge oak tree that broke and fell into the back yard a few years ago. I went out there with a chainsaw and spent all day cutting it up. Little did I know that the vines around the tree were poison oak and I basically sprayed myself with poison oak for hours. That is some nasty sh*t ! Took me 2 steroid shots, a couple bottles of Caladryl and a bunch of oatmeal baths. Think I battled that for 3-4 weeks. I am extremely cautious now, I won't even go into the woods without long sleeves and pants on, lol. Hope it clears up for you soon.

At least it's not on your junk......or is it? LOL
    2011 Pulse, AT/AP, 29.5"/72lbs
    HHA DS-5519, QAD HDX, Stokerized 10" Hunter
    GT Velocity XT arrows , G5 Magloc Compact Quiver

P.Smash

Me and a buddy were hanging treestands once several years ago. He squated to take a dump and didnt realize it but was all up in the Poison Ivy. He was also violently allergic to the stuff. He missed 2 weeks of work and had 3 trips to the Doc before he got it all cleared up. He said he had to lay on his back, with his legs spread and elevated like he was about to give birth, with a box fan blowing on his crotch for days.....

So anyway, it could always be worse

Respected Member Ten Point Stag

That is hilarious smash!

Bambi Stag

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse76 View Post
    At least it's not on your junk......or is it? LOL

Hahahaha, not this time, but I have had it from front to back in that there region!