Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does the Z have low Berger holes?

Respected Member Ten Point

You can get some rests to work with the low holes. In my case I was originally trying to use a QAD HD but with the low holes I ran out of vertical adjustment and the launcher arm was smacking the shelf before dropping all the way flat. If you use a rest like a G5 Expert that falls behind the shelf it will work. For me, I'd rather have that extra 1/4" of vertical adjustment.

What you need to do when tuning is forget about trying to set your arrow through the center of the berger holes, you need to be about 1/4" above the center of the holes.

Senior Member Six Point Button Buck's Avatar

I bought my low berger Z on purpose from Elite (through my dealer) at a discounted price. That being said, I got it cheap and knew it up front so I believe it would be wrong for me to ask for a new riser and pretend I didn't know. But I bought it from Elite and know I have a good warranty. Besides, it gives me no problems at all. I hunt with it using an old school Whisker Biscuit and love it.

09 Z28 27.5" 60# (Maybee-R tuned)
    09 GT500 (with 2010 cams)27.5" 60#

Member Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Rgarbarino View Post
    You can get some rests to work with the low holes. In my case I was originally trying to use a QAD HD but with the low holes I ran out of vertical adjustment and the launcher arm was smacking the shelf before dropping all the way flat. If you use a rest like a G5 Expert that falls behind the shelf it will work. For me, I'd rather have that extra 1/4" of vertical adjustment.

What you need to do when tuning is forget about trying to set your arrow through the center of the berger holes, you need to be about 1/4" above the center of the holes.
    I had bought one of these and set up for a buddy. It has the low holes and I ended up doing exactly what you reference. BH's like darts with FP's.

Senior Member Six Point Button Buck's Avatar

U can also set a RipCord up to fall behind the shelf, you may have to grind/shorten the launcher forks a little, but the launcher is so deep, the arrow will never fall out of it anyway. I have another bow set up like this just because I don't like the launcher smacking the riser.

09 Z28 27.5" 60# (Maybee-R tuned)
    09 GT500 (with 2010 cams)27.5" 60#

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Karbon's Avatar

Just bought this bow from Dux's.
    I'll have to see what I can do, but the QAD is my fav rest to use...
    2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Respected Member Ten Point Stag thumper's Avatar

Karbon this must be a first for you , all Elite's in the stable . Just don't fall in love with it more than your Answer's .
    2010 GT500 , 2011 snow Pure [ Fire , wifes bow ] Retrieverfishing's Custom string field staff

Quote Originally Posted by thumper View Post
    Karbon this must be a first for you , all Elite's in the stable . Just don't fall in love with it more than your Answer's .
    I won't I wanted a bow to stay at work and hang in my office. Grab it at lunch or after work and shoot in the plant. I just don't want my Answer's here smelling like UV/EB curable acrylates.

My buddy Dux's had a good price and I was able to pick it up for that reason. I still want to add a snow GT500 here too sometime.
    2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Respected Member Ten Point Stag

Karbon, there is a snow GT500 on AT 2010 for a great price.

I know I almost bought it.

I have another I'd like to get...lol.
    2014 Energy 35 Snow RAT

Respected Member Ten Point Stag

If I wasn't already building one right now I would have picked it up....