Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tuning...where to begin?

Member Spike

Quote Originally Posted by cmillett79 View Post
    Sorry to hijack onto the thread , but also have a Q on this as well ..... I strongly agree with bfoot on that method to get started ..... My Q is , how do you actually get the cams to rotate in one direction or the other .. The tune chart doesnt seem to be correct . For example , Lo get the cams say on a gt500 to be able to rotate even more at the end of the draw cycle , would you take twists out of the cables and add twists to the string or vice versa ..
    put twist into the cable attaching to the bottom of the cam to advance the cam in a counterclockwise direction.
    ​This would move the timing hole shown on bottom of this cam away from the limb

Respected Member Ten Point Stag TEXAS 10PT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WCork View Post
    My harness spec is: cables = 38 9/16", string = 57 5/8"
    Yep those are the specs I got from Ben and Dusty. You are on the right track brother. I would think you just need the right shims and get your harness to the right length and you'll be there.

TEXAS
    2011 PURE MAX 1
    2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
    Elite Archery Pro Staff

Proud Member of the Texas Boys
    BH and HTC Nashville

Awesome. Thanks. Just took my harness off, so now to find shims and measure string and cables.

There was a thread recently about how people measured there strings under tension. I searched but couldnt find it. Anybody know the thread im talking about?

Sent from Tapatalk
    2012 Elite Tour
    2010 Elite Z28

Quote Originally Posted by cmillett79 View Post
    Sorry to hijack onto the thread , but also have a Q on this as well ..... I strongly agree with bfoot on that method to get started ..... My Q is , how do you actually get the cams to rotate in one direction or the other .. The tune chart doesnt seem to be correct . For example , Lo get the cams say on a gt500 to be able to rotate even more at the end of the draw cycle , would you take twists out of the cables and add twists to the string or vice versa ..
    Vice Versa! Shorter cables and or longer string = longer DL which is more rotation. shorter cables and shorten the string will rotate the timing holes and keep weight and length closer But shorten the ATA.
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.