View Poll Results: Is a 6 inch bh bow "less accurate" than 7 or 8

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the 6 inch bh makes it an unshootable POS

3 12.50%
  • No, the 6 inch bh makes no difference in the bows accuracy

17 70.83%
  • I dont know (which means I wont voice my opinion for fear of getting bashed to death)

0 0%
  • "Cant we all just get along????"

4 16.67%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Short brace hieght Vs. Long brace hieght

Respected Member Ten Point Stag IRISH66's Avatar

So a long BH bow should be easier to repeat with accuracy compared to a shorter BH bow, unless YOU are the shooter hooter. LOL

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Daniel Boone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ntypicl11 View Post
    Done this!I shot everything from 5.5 to 8! I had to learn how to shoot my Synergy at 7. As well as my PSE at 7. My Hoyt was a 6, that was before I knew what brace height was about. It just put the arrows where they were supposed to go. I picked up an Omen, Knocked out 4x and a 4 or 5, don't remember, don't care!!! This was the 1st 5 shots I ever shot with it. I don't care what a person shoots, as long as it works!

What irks me, is somebody trying to prove a point, steering people away from a 6 before they even try one. Thats just plain ignorant. The (recommender) has no idea what will fit the person better. I shot the big dog PSE and hoyt target bows last year, I walked away! Picked up my Pulse and smoked the x's. Now if I would have listened to all the naysayers??? I guess I just can't see why people have such a hard time shooting a short brace height bow, must have bad form. lmao

Anyways, some people need to get off their podiums long enough to let people have a chance, suggest to shoot them all, what if, just what if, they don't like the Pulse ,Answer, or even the Tour. Is it best they just try a different brand, instead of trying a Pulse?
    Why not just give your honest opionion when someone ask what you would recommend? Kind the purpose of archery disscussion forums. Some dont have the chance to go shoot several bows.

DB
    OK-Archery DST 40, 09 Elite Z28, Vortex binos 15X50 Vipers , Carter releases, Trophy Taker rests, Vapor Trail strings, Custom Bow Equipment sights, Goldtip arrows. B Stinger Stabilizers. Slick Tricks

Senior Member Four Point

With all else being equal(ata,weight,hold,draw,let-off,balance,grip etc.) I say absolutely a 8 inch bow would be more accurate in the long run over a 6.Would not see it and be apparent on every shot but you would on the odd less then normally executed shot for the shooter. As in a slight flinch,punching the trigger or slightly dropping bow arm the you would not normally do. A bigger brace would lessen the effect seen on the target.

P.Smash

Quote Originally Posted by Livetohunt View Post
    With all else being equal(ata,weight,hold,draw,let-off,balance,grip etc.) I say absolutely a 8 inch bow would be more accurate in the long run over a 6.Would not see it and be apparent on every shot but you would on the odd less then normally executed shot for the shooter. As in a slight flinch,punching the trigger or slightly dropping bow arm the you would not normally do. A bigger brace would lessen the effect seen on the target.
    I agree and good point, but shooter error has nothing to do with the bows inheirent ability to shoot accurately.

Senior Member Forked Horn Rutnstrut's Avatar

I answered can't we all just get along, being that this thread is the result of my hijacked thread from the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Boone View Post
    Why not just give your honest opionion when someone ask what you would recommend? Kind the purpose of archery disscussion forums. Some dont have the chance to go shoot several bows.

DB

See, thats where we differ! Being honest, which means I have no idea what is best for the person. When it comes to being honest, sometimes ya have to leave your opinion out of it!!! If I would have listened to opinions, I would be stuck shooting a bow I don't like, because I can't shoot it well!

If I spouted off my opinion everytime somebody doesn't do as I say, or I don't agree with, I would be banned or in prison.

I have been in sales, self employed, for 29 years. I have turned down sales, in a roundabout way, in excess of 10 grand. How? I asked people to make the right decision, and buy the right product. Not what I thought was best, but what they wanted. Guess what???? It has come back tenfold for me, with repeated sales because I was honest, not because I pushed my opinion on them, they respected my integrity.

So, say ya talk somebody into a bow they don't like. Now they give up on archery. All because one is better than the other, in your opinion! At least you feel better about yourself. Way to go!

Senior Member Four Point cgs1967's Avatar

If your form is excellent then it wont make much of a difference. The answer to your question is it will most definately affect accuracy with the average shooter because of bow torque. It is not as forgiving as a longer BH. So, yes it will affect the average persons shot. Some of the guys on this site are great shooters and their form is great so it wont make a difference to them. ATA plays a larger part in accuracy but the brace height does matter. For example- You wont see a target bow at 37+ inches with a 6" BH. Why? Because it is not as accurate as a longer brace hight. Period!!!!!

P.Smash

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I answered can't we all just get along, being that this thread is the result of my hijacked thread from the other day.

Lol, yeah sorry about that. Tell ya what, if it makes ya feel better just jack any and all of my threads ya want

Senior Member Four Point cgs1967's Avatar

75% of the Poll voters say it doesn't effect accuracy. They are irght and wrong! If the bows were put in a shooting vice and shot mechanically then it would not make a difference. As people though we are not perfect everytime so it will affect accuracy. They are not wrong it just depends if they are taking the questions literally or actually.

Quote Originally Posted by ntypicl11 View Post
    See, thats where we differ! Being honest, which means I have no idea what is best for the person. When it comes to being honest, sometimes ya have to leave your opinion out of it!!! If I would have listened to opinions, I would be stuck shooting a bow I don't like, because I can't shoot it well!

If I spouted off my opinion everytime somebody doesn't do as I say, or I don't agree with, I would be banned or in prison.

I have been in sales, self employed, for 29 years. I have turned down sales, in a roundabout way, in excess of 10 grand. How? I asked people to make the right decision, and buy the right product. Not what I thought was best, but what they wanted. Guess what???? It has come back tenfold for me, with repeated sales because I was honest, not because I pushed my opinion on them, they respected my integrity.

So, say ya talk somebody into a bow they don't like. Now they give up on archery. All because one is better than the other, in your opinion! At least you feel better about yourself. Way to go!

I think your over exaggerating the meaning of opinions a little. Its not the gospel, holy grail of archery knowledge. its common sense advise. Your suppose to try it and if it dont apply to you move on to what works.
    I wouldnt advise someone to speed in a car but we all can do it.
    No ifs and or buts Just maybee.