Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Lets Talk Rests.. If You Could Pick One

Respected Member Ten Point Stag HORSEMOVER's Avatar

I have been shooting a Limbdriver Pro-V lately and no complaints.
    RIP CENSY...IT WAS A HECK OF A RIDE BROTHER

I am the Brumby Whisperer

优秀射箭胜过炒猪肉大米

Member Fawn

TT smackdown fc for my Answer. It works great and to my ears is quieter than the LD.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag chappy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andy6228 View Post
    TT smackdown fc for my Answer. It works great and to my ears is quieter than the LD.

2012 Limbdriver is definately more quiet the the Smackdown 2012 IMO. And more quiet than the QAD HDX click as well. Easy to silence the strings on Limbdrivers.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
    2014 RTX Elite Energy 35, 60lbs, 29", GT Velocity Pros, Limb Driver, Spot Hogg Real Deal ,Bstinger Sport, Slick Tricks and Hammer Heads.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag deerct101's Avatar

LD Pro-V all the way.
    LH Energy 35
    LH GT500
    LH Judge

Who did you talk to here at Vaportrail?? If you're having an issue with a rest, I'd be more than happy to get it fixed for you....if you want to send the rest in I'll drill out the bolts for you and get it taken care of.....as far as the rest not staying bolted to the bow, were you using the set screw onto the riser??? If the main bolt and set screw are both tight it's pretty tough for them to move.... The "slick finish" is a simple anodizing....doesn't really matter what color, but if any rest is anodized aluminum it's going to have basically the same finish...

At any rate, if you have an issue, give me a call and I'll get you taken care of...thanks!
    GM Sales and Marketing, Vaportrail Archery
    Ask for "Ears"

www.vaportrailarchery.com
    763-862-8870

Strother Rush, Pro-V, Black Gold Ascent, TightSpot, Doinker
    Bowtech Insanity CPXL, Pro-V, Black Gold Ascent, Tight Spot, AXT Carbon Triad

Respected Member Ten Point Stag nagster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ears View Post
    Who did you talk to here at Vaportrail?? If you're having an issue with a rest, I'd be more than happy to get it fixed for you....if you want to send the rest in I'll drill out the bolts for you and get it taken cae of.....as far as the rest not staying bolted to the bow, were you using the set screw onto the riser??? If the main bolt and set screw are both tight it's pretty tough for them to move.... The "slick finish" is a simple anodizing....doesn't really matter what color, but if any rest is anodized aluminum it's going to have basically the same finish...

At any rate, if you have an issue, give me a call and I'll get you taken care of...thanks!

It was right around the time you all first released those anodized limbdrivers, so it has been quite a while and I do not remember who I spoke too. All I know was the person did not believe me and did not offered any help. which bothered me because I have owned several limbdrivers in camo and black and not ONE has ever given me this issue. The set screw was set, but due to to the main bolt not staying tight it mauled up my riser near the set screw because the rest did nothing but move..

its like the anadozing is too slippery on THIS rest for it to bolt down.. after I seen it mark up my bow the way it did I was done with it. put it in my box because I got zero help from the manufacturer

I took a spare limbdriver and mounted it the same way on my bow, camo version original LD and not one issue.

Its the finish on this particular rest no doubt in my mind, the stripped screw was just another frustration added on top

This version was the anodized burnt orange one.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag jjbuilder's Avatar

QAD HDX here. never had a problem!

Respected Member Ten Point Stag nagster's Avatar

Just want to add in here Guys, I got ahold of "ears" and I am sending this orange LD to have repaired. Pleasant guy to talk to and I cant wait till he gets it!

Thanks again ears,

- Jason

Now Back to our regular scheduled post

Yall got me torn between a QAD and a Limbdriver Pro-V now..

Respected Member Ten Point Stag DustyRx's Avatar

I have had 3 QADs in the past. I will not have another one.
    I just got a Limbdriver Pro V that I am really liking so far. It is on its way to Ears at Vaportrail to change out the red arm for a black one.
    I really like the AAE Pro Drop also. That is a great rest!
    I prefer the limbdriven style of rest now b/c of their cabability to stay up longer.

P.Smash

Here you go: simple, dependable.....and when you hold the arrow on with your finger, it's full containment