Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Man...

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Dave Nowlin's Avatar

Default Man...

Man we got seven on the board now and one is an administrator and the other is a visiting administrator. Where is all the policing when we really need it? When the wild bunch rides through the board.
    Dave Nowlin
    Murphy's Law Works Even Better In The Woods!!!
    In order to be forgiven, we must forgive.
    LimbDriver Pro Staff
    2006 Suzuki King Quad
    If God is your Co-Pilot, move over and let Him drive!!!

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Takeum's Avatar

Dave,, you need a hobby,,, LOL

Junior Member Fawn

Default if your that bored

you could help out us green horns and post precisely how to supertune our new rigs. I can tune rest and such but am new to cam timing and string twisting and such.

Respected Member Ten Point Soumi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ybuck View Post
    you could help out us green horns and post precisely how to supertune our new rigs. I can tune rest and such but am new to cam timing and string twisting and such.
    That's a great idea. Come on super Dave. Right up a binary cam super tuning guide for us mere mortals with all that free time you have.
    Elite Fire, AT, 60 lbs.
    Elite Ice, AT, 60 lbs. Gone
    Black Widow PSAX Bacote. <><

I learned on AT that when you do that you help some and get attacked by others who insinuate you don't have a clue what you are talking about. My friend Crackers once told me Dave you will learn to not post so much and let others PM you when you are trying to help. He said he too had been attacked when trying to help others in an open forum. I will make a simple offer to all of you. If you need help, PM me with your phone number if you live within the United States and I will call and help you. I will be patient and spend as much time with you as you need. I don't know how to be fairer than that. I have unlimited long distance which I pay for monthly through my home office business, so the call is free to both of us. Since adopting this policy I have had over 2,500 PMs. I help BowTech and Elite owners as well as those who have LimbDriver rests.
    Dave Nowlin
    LimbDriver Pro Staff
    2006 Suzuki King Quad

WOW! That's quite an offer--you're a good man

Dave, if I send you my GTO, after I get it, will you perfect it for me? I'll include the 1000 grain arrows I'll be shooting at full length so you can play around with cutting them down to find that sweet spot. They have a double shaft so it's a bit of a trick to cut 'em down, but I have faith in you.
    -Extremist

Victory in life is to die for what you were born to do
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body"- unknow
    "I hope you life forever" -300

Bowtech Tribute, 102.5lbs.
    O.L Adcock ACS CX, 74lbs @ 30"
    old PSE Mach 4, 140lbs.

I'm kind of funny about that. Once I start doing things like that I need liability insurance. We live in a world today where no one accepts responsibility. If I work on someone's bow for money and they have a problem later, even after they have worn out that string and cable and replaced it themselves, I would probably be lucky enough to get blamed. I take this stance on good advice, my youngest son is an attorney. I help people learn to work on their own bows. A bow tuner can't follow you around and always be at your beck and call, unless you are your own bow tuner. If you go to Africa and somehow cut a string or cable, hopefully you'll have a spare set with you and can change your own and retune your bow if you know how. You are the third post I have received since coming here where someone wanted to send me a bow. If you drive to my house, I will do it for free and show you what I do and explain why. I've done that for some Elite owners. But please don't ship me a bow. If you aren't coming here and desire help please PM me with your phone number and we''ll get started teaching you how to work on your bow. If you don't have the tools or some basic mechanical savy, please send your bow to my friend Mike Carter (Crackers). I got a doctor friend who lives in Nevada to send his Envy to him. When Mike was finished, his bow was at 80% let-off, the draw length was dead on (not 1/2 inch long) & the bow met the published speed specs. Mike does this for a living, I don't. If you want to ruin a great hobby, try to turn it into your livelihood.
    Dave Nowlin
    LimbDriver Pro Staff
    2006 Suzuki King Quad

There is one other thought that has occurred to me. I can't draw a 100# bow to save my life. Most of us mere mortals can't.
    Dave Nowlin
    LimbDriver Pro Staff
    2006 Suzuki King Quad

Default Dave

How are you Dave? I haven't talked to you in a while.Hope all is well. I can see you won't be hard to find on this forum. Thats a good thing guys.Dave knows his stuff on these Binaries.He helped me figure these out when I first got them.