Thread: Answer Vs. Pure Draw Cycle/Feel?

Senior Member Forked Horn

Default Answer Vs. Pure Draw Cycle/Feel?

I recently purchased a 2011 Pure. First modern bow in a veeeery long time. In fact, first bow with a cam. Its set at 60#. I have not shot an Answer (or any other bow for that matter), so I have nothing to compare it to except my old round wheel Nova.

I read a lot of comparisons saying how a draw is "smooth", but what does that really mean? Obviously, smooth isn't the same as pull weight. The Pure seems to load up very quickly in the draw cycle, then get easier. How does that compare to the Answer or Hunter? How would you best describe the pulls on those bows?

Again, I'm used to a round wheel bow with no cam, no hump, etc. Which model would more closely approximate this draw cycle (one lone steady pull)?

Emrah

Respected Member Ten Point Heith's Avatar

Its a constant pull all the way to valley smooth but stiff compared to your pure for sure! peaks very early in draw cycle but feels the same to the back. No real hump in draw cycle.
    Impact, Pure, Syn Xt, Sbh energy

Senior Member Eight Point

I've owned 2 Pures and now own an Answer. The Pure at 60# imo might be the easiest, smoothest drawing bow on the market. The Answer is still smooth but it loads quicker up front and is a bit stiffer throughout the cycle. Both great, both maybe a tad stiffer than an older "round wheel" bow.

Respected Member Ten Point mfr22@msn.com's Avatar

My Pure is deffinately smoother then my Answer, although I really like the draw on my Answer also. What I don't understand is all the people that think the Pure is the smoothest drawing...I guess they haven't shot a Tour!
    2008.5 XLR
    2010 Z28
    2011 Pure
    2011 Tour

Senior Member Eight Point NEWYORKHILLBILLY's Avatar

My answer is smooth!! my pure is super smooth !! both nice draw imo
    ENJOYING LIFE @ FULLDRAW
    2014 Blacked out Energy 35
    2012 max-1 Pure

So what exactly is the definition of "smooth"? Not having the experience with modern bows, I'm unclear as to what a smooth or un-smooth draw. Is it a consistency thing? Physically feeling rough spots? Increasing/decreasing pull weight through the draw?

Emrah

Senior Member Eight Point NEWYORKHILLBILLY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emrah View Post
    So what exactly is the definition of "smooth"? Not having the experience with modern bows, I'm unclear as to what a smooth or un-smooth draw. Is it a consistency thing? Physically feeling rough spots? Increasing/decreasing pull weight through the draw?

Emrah
    Emrah You really need to shoot some speed bows. My definition of smooth is that I can draw nice and slow and feel no humps on the way and slow down as I drop it in to the let off . I also like a bow that I can stop drawing at any point in the draw cycle . alot a lot of bows will kick to the side as they fall into the vally. The importain thing is you find what you think is smooth. I have had guys hand me bows saying its the smoothest draw they ever shot. Only to find it to be the harsh is draw i ever felt. But a true smooth drawing bow you can shoot for hours. one thing is for sure, I have never seen anyone that didn't agree that the pure is smooth

Definition of SMOOTH

a (1) : having a continuous even surface (2) of a curve : being the representation of a function with a continuous first derivative (3) : having or being a short even coat of hair <a smooth collie> — compare rough, wirehaired
    b : being without hair
    c : glabrous <a smooth leaf>
    d : causing no resistance to sliding

: free from difficulties or impediments <the smooth course of his life>

: even and uninterrupted in flow or flight

: excessively and often artfully suave : ingratiating <a smooth operator>

a : serene, equable <a smooth disposition>
    b : amiable, courteous

a : not sharp or harsh <a smooth sherry>
    b : free from lumps
    ENJOYING LIFE @ FULLDRAW
    2014 Blacked out Energy 35
    2012 max-1 Pure

Cool. That's what I thought. I personally think the draw is great. You're right about needing to shoot more bows. My archery shop has a bunch they let customers try out. I just never took advantage of it I guess.

Not wanting to flame anyone, but is there an example of a notoriously bad or rough drawing bow?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2