Thread: competition sponsorship

Default competition sponsorship

Just wondering if Elite Archery likes to sponsor people for competition shoots or anything of the sort? Any info would be greatly appreciated fellas!
    Hunt with your son today, not for him tomorrow!

guess not!!!

Junior Member Fawn

I see noone wants to touch on this subject for some reason. I will try to clear this up for you.

First, a major company is not going to sponsor a local shooter directly. Your first step in gaining sponsorship is to develop a good relationship with a pro shop. But keep in mind that you are not going to get free equipment. Generally you will get equipment at 5-10% over cost. And even these sponsorships aren't given up easily. Usually only to shop employees. And unless you are bringing customers into the shop and increasing the shop sales the shop won't see any benefit.
    Manufacturers often run their shooter programs through shops, so without a shop sponsor you will be hard pressed to go any further. Also you have to shoot a lot of tournaments and post some respectable scores.
    Believe me, if you are the kind of guy that a shop wants to sponsor they will approach you.
    YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE LOVE, BRO!!!!!!
    If you truely love shooting you would have no problem paying twice as much as you do for your equipment and service, because it is worth it to you. Your attitude and love of the sport will show through to others, and for a sponsor, that attitude, love, and commitment to the sport and the products you shoot will cast a favorable light on your sponsors.
    In short support your local pro-shop, and shoot the products you truely believe are the best, always be a great example for our sport, and things will come around, it's not an overnight thing. You will have to put in your time. Why do you think that the good techs that you see working in pro shops for 8-9-or $10/hr are working there? IT AIN'T THE MONEY, IT'S THE LOVE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3-D Junkie View Post
    I see noone wants to touch on this subject for some reason. I will try to clear this up for you.

First, a major company is not going to sponsor a local shooter directly. Your first step in gaining sponsorship is to develop a good relationship with a pro shop. But keep in mind that you are not going to get free equipment. Generally you will get equipment at 5-10% over cost. And even these sponsorships aren't given up easily. Usually only to shop employees. And unless you are bringing customers into the shop and increasing the shop sales the shop won't see any benefit.
    Manufacturers often run their shooter programs through shops, so without a shop sponsor you will be hard pressed to go any further. Also you have to shoot a lot of tournaments and post some respectable scores.
    Believe me, if you are the kind of guy that a shop wants to sponsor they will approach you.
    YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE LOVE, BRO!!!!!!
    If you truely love shooting you would have no problem paying twice as much as you do for your equipment and service, because it is worth it to you. Your attitude and love of the sport will show through to others, and for a sponsor, that attitude, love, and commitment to the sport and the products you shoot will cast a favorable light on your sponsors.
    In short support your local pro-shop, and shoot the products you truely believe are the best, always be a great example for our sport, and things will come around, it's not an overnight thing. You will have to put in your time. Why do you think that the good techs that you see working in pro shops for 8-9-or $10/hr are working there? IT AIN'T THE MONEY, IT'S THE LOVE!!!!
    I agree with that for the most part but its also about what kind of person you are too. You can LOVE archery and win every tournament but if your not friendly and most of all approachable then your not much help to them. You have to be the kind of person who LOVES your equipment but in a second you will turn around and let someone you dont even know try it out.
    2011 Pulse Snow/AT
    2010 Judge Snow Camo

I agree with both of you, I shoot and take care of my equipment as much as possible while not workin on the farm and college. I try to go over to the nearest pro shop when time isn't a factor, but it's about 1.5 hrs away. But just really a good question is what do I need to do to get my foot in the door?

Junior Member Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramax View Post
    I agree with that for the most part but its also about what kind of person you are too. You can LOVE archery and win every tournament but if your not friendly and most of all approachable then your not much help to them. You have to be the kind of person who LOVES your equipment but in a second you will turn around and let someone you dont even know try it out.

If you got the love, and you bring business to your sponsors, then you are that kind of person, it's a given.
    I will add this, Do not find sponsors and then push their product based on sponsorship. You would then be a sell out, and people can tell. Shoot what you feel is the best and if you can get sponsored do it. If you can't get a sponsorship, then shoot the product anyway, and be thankfull that the company has built a quality product for you to use.
    As far as getting your foot in the door, again PRO-SHOP. That's where almost everyone gets started.

Senior Member Forked Horn DTAJR's Avatar

From what they are saying is true, a love for the sport and the people that are in it.
    I have hunted since I was 17 years old , the best thing I have done is taking kids.
    There is no better feeling than a child taking there first deer. Too many people
    want a hand out. It's like deer hunting do your home work practice hard and you may
    be rewarded
    GT500
    ELITE Dealer
    Gold Tip
    Sure-loc
    DROP-TINE ARCHERY
    BARTLETT KANSAS

good deal then fellas thanks for all the info, more than appreciated!!
    yeah i took a guy that was my age bowhunting or hunting in general last year for the 1st time, he fell in love with, even though he didn't get to kill one! perty darn good feeling that is

Junior Member Fawn

I talked with the guy (forgot his name) who works for elite and goes to alot of the oregon/washington 3d shoots and he said they were working on starting a pro staff.

pro staff dance!

Respected Member Ten Point HoPaLONg's Avatar

i think its already filled.
    GTO
    Envy #288