Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Bows

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Done Right's Avatar

Little something for you guys who dog 2track camsOriginally Posted by EGriggsI'd like to share with everyone here my experience as it relates to the 2-track cam system…..

For starters, my history in archery isn’t shooting this style of cam. I have shot for multiple bow manufacturers in my 15 years shooting professionally and I have been fortunate to be able to work with their engineering departments and have some large influence in regards to bow designs. I feel I have a very good working knowledge of bow design and I’ve experienced above average success as a professional archer.

In April of 2012, I set up and shot my very first 2-track cam system bow. The acquisition of Scott Archery/CBE by The Outdoor Group (also owns Elite) meant for me I was GOING to be shooting an Elite! I got my Elite Tour on a Wednesday in hopes of setting it up to compete in an ASA tournament that weekend. I’ve always been someone who preferred a lot of holding weight (21-23 lbs) and this bow being a “high let-off” bow, I can say I honestly had my concerns on how it would integrate to my shooting style. I had always been impressed with the quality and simplicity of the Elite line of bows and I had my own preconceived opinions regarding the 2-track cam system, but now it was time for me see how they compared to the bows I had been accustomed to shooting and had success with over the years…. Setting this bow up was incredibly simple and obtaining the holding weight I was looking for was as easy as advancing the draw stops forward until I got the 21 lbs of holding weight I was wanting. I set my Tour up and sighted it in on a Wednesday afternoon and didn’t touch it again until the ASA tournament that weekend. Result… I went into the shootdown round in 2nd place behind Levi Morgan at 24 up (424) with a bow I had only had for 4 days. Any concerns I had regarding the accuracy, forgiveness and tunability of the Elite bows and the 2-track cam system were gone!

After getting a chance to work more with this 2-track cam system, I realized a few key points… I can easily adjust the amount of holding weight I want without sacrificing performance and efficiency. I can set up the same bow with high let-off, low let-off or somewhere in between and not lose performance due to a change in top/bottom cam orientation that is experienced with some cam designs. Second, because of this large “dwell” or valley, I can also do this without the back-end feel becoming “snappy”. Another great attribute to this cam system that I’ve experienced is an incredible consistency day in and day out regarding my elevation impact. I know everyone out there has experienced some “mystery” highs and lows and I know many of my fellow competitors have to adjust their yardage indicators a lot more often they would like. I’ve never shot a bow that has provided me that sort of day in and day out consistency. This is important for me now more than ever because I very seldom have the time to practice between events and sometime might not even fire an arrow between tournaments. I went to shoots this year where the first arrow out of my bow for the weekend was my first arrow for score. How’s that for confidence in equipment?!?!

I have worked with and personally “coached” many archers in helping them to achieve better accuracy and because of my job at Scott Archery, I can say I have made my living by helping to improve the accuracy of archers through the design and production of quality products. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about how we can further develop our products to make everyone better archers. And for the record, this is true across all of The Outdoor Group brands, especially Elite Archery. My opinion having seen many archers shoot and struggle with bows that almost seemingly “fight” them, is that this 2-track, high let-off system isn’t a bad thing at all and in-fact, it massively helps the beginning, average and even experienced archer become much more accurate and proficient. We can get into all of the super technical reasons as to why in another post, but when the archer can comfortably and smoothly draw their bow and hold it steadier on the target, this really increases confidence in their equipment and their shot execution. Confidence = Accuracy! Now I realize high let-off isn’t for everyone, but how many other systems out there allow the archer to make that choice, simply and easily without sacrificing any other elements?

The whole point of this post is the 2-track cam is really a great system. I feel there is a misconception and lack of understanding among many of just how accurate, forgiving, and shootable it really is.

Sorry everyone for the longwinded rant. I just wanted the folks here on AT to hear of my experience, thoughts and success with the 2-track cam system.

Sincerely,
    2-Track Cam

2014 Engery 35 RTX
    2011Pulse 29 60 Snow
    2012Tour 29 60 Blue
    2013 Pulse 29 65 Ninja
    2014 Blue E35 29 60
    2014 Black & Sno E32 29 60

Dealer for Stage1 strings
    Dealer for b2 bowstrings

Quote Originally Posted by xcal1ber View Post
    So will the new rest not be the center shot for the 2013 bows? They say it mounts on any Elite, but they work for the 2014's
    It will fit all Elites. The new bows, because of the stiffer riser are tuning very close 3/4"

Respected Member Ten Point Stag nicko's Avatar

Personally, I would not use that centershot line on these new rests as gospel. More a starting point than anything. I'm guessing it will be on for many bows but there will likely be some variances depending on the bow.

Senior Member Four Point

Hey Pete! Can you tell us about the new quivers? Is the mounting system the same as in the past? Is the 2 piece quiver more of a fixed design? Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Respected Member Ten Point Stag

Pete, good job on the 2014 bows. Gonna be hard to get my wife to get rid of her Hopes, but I'll try. I am leaning more to the Energy 35 the more I think about it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherAdam View Post
    Hey Pete! Can you tell us about the new quivers? Is the mounting system the same as in the past? Is the 2 piece quiver more of a fixed design? Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
    The new quiver is bulletproof, the two piece is a fixed design. 4 and 6 arrow designs.

Quote Originally Posted by nicko View Post
    Personally, I would not use that centershot line on these new rests as gospel. More a starting point than anything. I'm guessing it will be on for many bows but there will likely be some variances depending on the bow.
    There will be more than one line. Too many variables...

Senior Member Eight Point jjohnson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpete View Post
    The new quiver is bulletproof, the two piece is a fixed design. 4 and 6 arrow designs.
    Props for redesigning the quivers. Whoo Whoo
    www.sportsmensunlimited.com
    Elite Dealer

AIM SMALL, MISS SMALL

Respected Member Ten Point Stag

Dang Pete. Now my wife is interested. Especially after seeing the Energy 35 ENS. When do you thing the short cam Energy 35's might be out? She's in no hurry but is already wondering if this bow may be her 3d bow for 2014. She likes the longer ata. That's why she likes her Hopes so well.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Respected Member Ten Point Stag chappy's Avatar

Like the new bows, just wish they were a little lighter like a 3.9-4.0 lb. E32. I know it's a few ounces, but I'd rather use that weight in my stabilizer
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.
    2014 RTX Elite Energy 35, 60lbs, 29", GT Velocity Pros, Limb Driver, Spot Hogg Real Deal ,Bstinger Sport, Slick Tricks and Hammer Heads.