Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: ENVY vs GT500 or GTO

Playingthewind

Default ENVY vs GT500 or GTO

O.K i started the conversation about the performance of these bows in another thread and needed to get it on a thread of it's own so here we go. Anyone have both the Envy and or GTO or GT500? I am wondering what real life numbers are coming form these in comparison to the Envy? From conversations with a couple of respected tuners i have come to the conclusion the Envy is still top dog. And i am aware the draw may be a little more harsh but with all things i have seen posted from string issues to un obtainable numbers i still have to wonder if the Envy will be topped? The two i have are shooting 303-310 with a 420-428 grain arrows at 29" draw. I know the draw is almost a 1/4" long after adding gripwerks one piece grips but they fit me that way. Is the draw on the GT500 that much more smooth than the Envy? Noise is not an issue on any of todays new bows in my opinion. Lets hear your thoughts.

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Takeum's Avatar

I've owned all three bows and believe the GT500 is that much smoother,,, The Envy got sold because of the GTO,. The GTO because of the birth of the Gt500... And it wasn't just because of the speeds and smoothness of the draw... THese bows progress asthe years go on.. The Envy of course may still be the king of speed... But with the cams the bow had. It should continue to be for quite awhile.. I also liked the color scheme of the Envy. But the Smoothness and forgivness of both the GTO and GT500 made me believe I gave up a collectable for a good reason.. I have never shot a bow better then the GT500.. BUt the Z28 is due in tomorrow... Till then,, the GT500 is #1 dawg in my book... It's fast. smooth , quiet. and balances better then any bow I've shot to date.. But heck, Don't take my word.. Ask a few more of these guys...The Gt500 is da Bum Diggidy!
    2012 Elite Answer

As Iron sharpens Iron., So one man sharpens another...Prov:27:17

Respected Member Ten Point Stag Chippy (aka Slippy)'s Avatar

the regular GTO performs the best from what I've seen.
    "Pain is weakness leaving the body"

- Kevin Strother

I disagree Chippy.. The GTo was good,, but the Gt500 is faster,. smoother, quieter and balances better then any bow out there...
    2012 Elite Answer

Respected Member Ten Point HoPaLONg's Avatar

i believe the GTO is the best of the gt's... gt500 is not smoother on the draw. IMO
    GTO
    Envy #288

Hopalong,, why is it that I shot my GTO at 53lbs and my Gt500 at 56lbs respectively?? And it still feels better?? Have you shot both bows equally on a regualr basis?
    2012 Elite Answer

Respected Member Ten Point Stag TEXAS 10PT's Avatar

I don't own a GT500 (yet) but I have shot one. Although the GTO is one nice bow in all aspects, I think the GT500 is smoother on the draw, is just as fast and is quieter than any Elite speed bow to date. I would also like to compare the Envy to these bows but I have not received it back yet.

TEXAS
    2011 PURE MAX 1
    2014 ENERGY 35 XTRA
    Elite Archery Pro Staff

Proud Member of the Texas Boys
    BH and HTC Nashville

Respected Member Ten Point HoPaLONg's Avatar

yes. i i constantly shoot my bow at 84 and a gt500 at 74 or 73 when ever i want really the draw on the gto is 29 and gt500 is 28.5. your talking about a 3lb diffrence in your draw weights. can you realistically base your claim on being able to draw 3 more pounds? sugar pills will make you do that.
    GTO
    Envy #288

To each his own Hopalong... But at the weight your shooting, honestly,, how can you even be concerned with things like smoothness , speed. or balance? THink about it.. Pound for pound, who''s getting a better feel for the bow, you or I? At almost 50 years of age.. I still can pull 80lbs if need be . But my question is why? Heck , I can kill about any whitetail on the planet shooting a 60 lb bow. at 28" draw using a 420 grn axis arrow... It's more then plenty!... I don't understand why folks need to shoot such heavy bows unless they are going to Africa shooting Elephant.. One of the most important things when your shooting a bow, weather it be for Trophy game or competition type archery.. Accuracy comes with confidence, and confidence comes with having a bow that your more then capable of shooting for numberous times for a very long period of time...Not having to be concerned with a glitch in your shoulder or having to let down because your having to wait on the of a lifetime.. So again... who's being more concerned about balance, And don't even go there with Kevin Strothers being a guy who shoot's both competetively as well as continuosly.., the man's a freak of nature,, LOL
    2012 Elite Answer

Respected Member Ten Point Stag 2xR's Avatar

Can't speak to the Envy personally, but cataloging the posts I have read, The Envy is top speed dog production bow vs. production bow, except for a few special super-tuned/custom string'd GTO's out there by Carter. Supposedly the GT500 is a few fps faster than the GTO, so we'll see. I personally agree that the GT500 is slighter smoother, steadier, quieter and deader at the shot than the GTO. So if it is a few fps faster, than "...The GT500 is da Bum Diggidy! "
    Change is Mandatory - Growth is Optional