Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: ENVY vs GT500 or GTO

Senior Member Four Point ENVY0026's Avatar

I did get to shoot a gt-500 when I was in bend, or last weekend. I didn't shoot it through a chrono but at 70 lbs it felt like about 66/67 on my envy. I also loved how the bow felt at full draw. I will probably wait until hunting season is over and buy a gt500 or hopefully elite comes out with a 32/33" version of the gt500. Just can't get rid of my envy before season when its shooting bh's and field points the same all the way out to 100yrds.

Playingthewind

Quote Originally Posted by ENVY0026 View Post
    well for some envy speeds. My envy (with new crackers strings) is 70.12 lbs and 29-7/8 measured draw. With a 392 grain arrow my pro chorny says 303 and the pro shop's easton crhony says 317. Not sure which to believe. I am just assuming its in the middle at 310. I think you can get more speed out of the bow but with crackers strings it draws much smoother and hits 78% let-off.
    I can assure you the Easton chrono is way better than a chrony. I am also betting the 317 is dead on for speed on your set up. My measured draw is 29 3/8" and am shooting a 420 and 428 grain arrows at 303 and 308. If Mike tuned it i have no doubt it is at 317. No reason to change huh.

Senior Member Four Point ENVY0026's Avatar

no reason to change at all. Mike didn't tune the bow he just sent me strings and I did it myself. I believe I was hitting about 332 ibo with a loaded string. I did really like how the gt500 felt at full draw though. My envy wants to take off and the 5oo just sat there.

Playingthewind

The Envy will take your arm off if you like to relax but i prefer a bow at 65% let off and i like holding against the wall so i might not like the wall on the 500. I will shoot one sooner or later but for now i am satisfied with what i have.

Senior Member Six Point meyerske's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ENVY0026 View Post
    no reason to change at all. Mike didn't tune the bow he just sent me strings and I did it myself. I believe I was hitting about 332 ibo with a loaded string. I did really like how the gt500 felt at full draw though. My envy wants to take off and the 5oo just sat there.
    You need to try the EZ mods. You lose 4 fps but gain significant letoff and a much nicer valley.