Thread: Setting up a pendulum

Member Spike

Default Setting up a pendulum

I have been shooting a Cobra pendulum on my bows for the last few years. I normaly sight them in on the ground at 20 yds and am good to go to about 30 yds. After that they start dropping off. The guy at the bowshop said I should try an Impact Archery pendulum as that gave him out to about 45 yrds. My question is, does this pendulum give you that much more distance? Does any brand pendulum give you this kind of distance? Or is there a different technique I should use in setting up the sight? My bow is shooting around 300fps.

Senior Member Six Point $mitty05's Avatar

the only pendulum i shot that i could shoot out to 45 yrds is the keller pendulum. truglo pendulums arent worth the money for how they perform.. thats all i can tell ya. i still say the keller is the best even though its not a fiber optic pin.

Respected Member Ten Point superdiablo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ;114935
    the only pendulum i shot that i could shoot out to 45 yrds is the keller pendulum. truglo pendulums arent worth the money for how they perform.. thats all i can tell ya. i still say the keller is the best even though its not a fiber optic pin.
    I second that about the Truglo. I have the Truglo Pendulum 2007 and had to add (drill and tap) an extra setscrew to fix it when used in "ground" mode. It gets loose in a couple or three shots otherwise (out of a "slow" 67# doing 257 f.p.s with a 395 gr. arrow ...). The tritium thing I like, but thats almost all I like from it. Not very precise adjustments possible, the pin is not well centered on the housing (crazy for a spottie like me, used to center the scope housing on the peep hole at the same time that the pin is on the bull) and their customer service is non-existant in my case (not returning e-mails). Just opposite experience with my old Cobra Electra light (non pendulum model though), much better (may be not Made in China like the Truglo is) and with a nice customer service willing to help and sell you extra parts.
    Hope it helps,
    Javier Martinez.
    FACTORY STAFF SHOOTER FOR: ELITE , FIRENOCK, GAS PRO
    LOVING SUPPORTER OF: CBE, BEITER, VAPOR TRAIL, O.K., ZENITH, PROPOINTS, PINWHEEL software.
    ))))------E35-------------53#--27 3/8"-----enjoy shooting too much to measure speed ------------------>
    ))))------PURE----------54#--28"--355gr--269 fps--------------------------------------------------------------->